[BTS] Units and Cities are invisible... still there but invisable

Vikingted3

Chieftain
I am playing CIV 4 Beyond the Sword. Specifically playing the scenario that comes with the game called Europe 1936. Yesterday I was playing and got called to dinner. I closed my laptop's lid. (Btw, this is running on a Lenovo Legion Y530, I5 (8th gen) and a Nvida 850M card, Windows 10). I have been enjoying the scenario for a few years now. I open the laptop after dinner. The app is selected, comes up (I did not shut the program down) without the units showing up and without the cities labels. The units are there, you can hover the cursor over the cell and see the units being noted at the left bottom of the screen. The mines, forests, improvements, the cities buildings, etc. are all visible. I tried other scenarios within Beyond the Sword and found the same thing happening. I tried starting a new game (non-scenario) same thing.
I reloaded the BTS game from STEAM. no difference.
I can play the base CIV 4 without issues... Same with Warlords and Colonization.

Help!
Vikingted3

Attachments

• topman titter AD-1941-April-Fortnight 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
One of the buttons in the lower right main screen corner toggles visibility off and on for units and cities, so you can just look at the land. I don't have my CIV game accessible at the moment, so I can't tell you which one it is but if you mouse over them the screen hint will make it apparent which one it is. You probably clicked it by accident.

Top Bottom