Units/Heroes which you’ve been most proud off

Gigify

Chieftain
I’m sure a few off you have had a particular unit in game which reached a certain level where you simply feel pride at its combat prowess a unit which is so far ahead of every other unit that you don’t even have to check the combat odds simply because you know your favoured unit won’t lose to random upstart peon

This was the first Grigori Adventurer I ever gained and time and again he proved his worth practically building my empire solo and by the time I upgraded him from Dragon Slayer to knight he was conquering around 2 cities per turn
Spoiler :

Ive always wondered what happened when you level a guy up so much there's no promotions left to give him. Do they still glow blue when they level up even if there is no promotion to bestow?

Ive always wondered what happened when you level a guy up so much there's no promotions left to give him. Do they still glow blue when they level up even if there is no promotion to bestow?

I had a shadow in one game that had like 2300 exp points thanks a lot to the dwarves rediculous amount of disciple units. He didn't glow when he ran out of promos.

In a lot of my games I would get at least one super powerful war chariot that could wipe out a lot of units on one turn. Not any more though. My knights just aren't as good.

In my current game, it's the Baron with all the four horseman equipment and an army of werewolves.

The stooges. I love these guys, in all honesty. They've just plain simply won more games for me than any other single unit. Once they get all the good promotions they're just freaking unstoppable, and hidden nationality at that, I've killed literally every unit an ally has before, and kept it up for dozens of turns just farming easy xp. It's gotten to the point where I rarely research cartography until I see the wonder completed by someone else, because I know that no matter what I'm trying, if I build it, it becomes a reign of the giants game.

That being said, I wish they got access to a few more promotions.

The stooges. I love these guys, in all honesty. They've just plain simply won more games for me than any other single unit. Once they get all the good promotions they're just freaking unstoppable, and hidden nationality at that, I've killed literally every unit an ally has before, and kept it up for dozens of turns just farming easy xp. It's gotten to the point where I rarely research cartography until I see the wonder completed by someone else, because I know that no matter what I'm trying, if I build it, it becomes a reign of the giants game.

That being said, I wish they got access to a few more promotions.

I agree that my Stooges are always high XP and often run out of promotions. Even so, they must be used with care in the later game.

I've attached a screenshot of my Dream Team that included some high XP units. I always seem to get the HN Shadows up there in XP.

i've never had one that good, but once as the bannor on a huge barbarian world with raging barbarians and aggressive AI, i started isolated on a peninsula with about 20 barb cities between me and the next person. i responded by building a bunch of warriors and sending them out. the first time i did this, i got to the nearest city and saw a couple warriors with combat 3 and another with enchanted blade (how did this happen) along with a few more promoted warriors headed over from god knows where, so i sent them on to the next closest. i conquered the city (there were only a couple noob warriors there, and sent all but one of my warriors back just to scout the first city, when Auric builds Samhain. anyway, after a while of sending armies of warriors out to die on the first city, i finally get lucky and one warrior survives long enough to capture the city. i use the name Thor for my leader name, so i named the unit Thor's Hammer. I also got a unit which i named Scout Slayer because he defended a city on his own against five scouts with combat 3 or 4 and shock, and another random unit which i named Second in Command for a lack of a better name (he hadn't really done anything, he just kinda got strong). anyway, with these 3 i dominated the early game and by late-mid-game they were around level 12. I lost Thor's Hammer and Second in Command at 98.5% odds somehow (almost smashed my comp for that one), so i renamed Scout Slayer to Thor's hammer and continued (although he was only level 10ish). Thats when I summoned the Mercurians, and I haven't gotten around to going back to the original game, so i'll get back to you on his exploits.

I haven't played that many games yet, but one of the most memorable ones was a Svartalfar scout who survived from the beginning to the end and on the way got upgraded to beastmaster. Of course, her biggest achievement was just playing second fiddle to Alazkan (sp?) on the assassination of Hyborem, mostly just being there to protect him and kill the smaller units trying to make their way to help Hyborem. Oh, she might've killed Acheron as well, but that was only after it was weakened by Alazkan's illusion.

My most memorable unit was an Elohim Warrior I built early in the game. The settings were on Raging Barbarbians and Barbarbian world. That warrior killed Othos and I gave him the title of Renault the Dragon Slayer. Later he kills Morka as a Warrior and I later upgraded him to an Axemen where he continue on to conquer half of the Hippus empire. Finally, I upgraded him to a Champion and Renault finished off the rest of the Hippus and then proceeded to kill Acheron.

I loved my svartalfar warrior, whom I got up to 600 or so xp before I had even bronze weapons. Eventually she was upgraded to immortal and ended up with over 1000 xp. She, and Alazkan (with his 1500 xp, he just can attack more often), decimated all my enemies by themselves.

Gilden Silveric, the hero archer of the Ljosalfars; frequently he saves the Ljosalfars who have virtually no offense early on and little real defense. I've seen him destroy stacks and stacks of invading axemen. One time, the Hunters of the Dawn, a confederation of evil civs formed by the Clan of Embers, Calabim and Balseraphs swore an unholy oath to level the Holy City of Hyll and torch the Song of Autumn shrine - Gilden led the Elf defense that broke the Hunters and few of them ever left the woods.

I'm in the middle of a game right now where I'm the Calabim and the computer is the Ilians (I'm trying to get the Godslayer trophy). I decided to go Empyrean to get Chalid and I have a vampiric Chalid with 22/20 stats (6 sun mana) and many, many other promotions (including Command III). Then, I used Chalid to kill off a very powerful Acheron (Combat V, Drill IV, March) that had been using Ilian units as fodder. I got very lucky and was able to capture Acheron. Now I have a vampiric Acheron who is working around my main continent to also get many many promotions.

btw, should the vampiric promotion be able to be passed to dragons? This just seems unfair...

Chalid, supported by a RoK Priest, an Order Priest, and a Empyrean High Priest - leading an army of Radiant Guard-upgraded Vampires.

I know it's not a single hero, but that was just unstoppable. Nothing could ever attack them, stopped dead in their tracks, Blessing and Shield of Faith, Crown of Brilliance, fire, fire, fire.

A mimic with about forty promotions including flying, immunity to fire as fire vulnerability with a movement of four. I tried my hardest to get a spellcasting mimic, but was never able to capture the right promotions to mimics with religion.

Just recently an archer turned longbowman turned crossbowman with guerilla I and II, city defender I through III, combat I through V, drill I through IV, blitz, the defensive strike promotions, and the +40% bonus promotions for everything.

He just stood up on his city on the hill, and entire stacks came, and entire stacks fell. It was just super. I named him "enjoy the shade". Dine in hell, etcetera.

tough choice here, i've had a bunch of insane shadows, some sick alazkans and rathuses, but the most powerful unit ive ever wielded was probably magnadine in the black tower scenario. I gave him alazkans mirror, and near the end of the campaign, he first brought 6+ units to bottom health, then killed the next+ of the stack, without losing a tiny bit of health (exept maybe a stack of crossbowmen, but that's what speakers are for). I don't think i could have won that scenario without him.

A mutated Valin with cannibalize. Once he was drilled up to blitz, the easiest way to heal was to attack!

Top Bottom