Units: Humvee

Dark Sheer

Deity
Here is a preview of the Civ2 Tot Humvee unit conversion as requested by Kal-El. ;)

The animation is still far from finish though.

Attachments

• humveedefault_sw.gif
    humveedefault_sw.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,507
Here is a preview of the death animation. For a change, instead of the vehicle blow up, the gunner drop dead. ;)

Actually I would prefer the vehicle blow up as its easier to do. But after reconsideration, I thought some variety might be better. More work for me though. :D

Attachments

• humveedeath_sw.gif
    humveedeath_sw.gif
    15 KB · Views: 1,385
make him die then the vehicle explode, it wont make sense for the vehicle to just dissapear when it dies, it needs to blow up, :D

Originally posted by Jandor
make him die then the vehicle explode, it wont make sense for the vehicle to just dissapear when it dies, it needs to blow up, :D

That make sense. I have to make a small explosion for a big one would have cover up the gunner. ;)

Hmm, I need wheeled APC for my mod. What do you think, could be humvee considered APC ? Suppose it have some light armor wielded on it and forced engine ?

Originally posted by s3d
Hmm, I need wheeled APC for my mod. What do you think, could be humvee considered APC ? Suppose it have some light armor wielded on it and forced engine ?

Well, technically a Humvee can carry a small amount of soldiers and act as a fast offensive or counter-offensive unit. I would give it some attack ability with not too high a defense, carry 1 and high mobility. ;)

DS,

this looks great!!! Exactly what I was looking for.:goodjob:

S3D,

The Humvee is a wheeled APC. Just as DS indicated it is for quick strike/counterstrike insertion.

Thanks Dark Sheer

Technically a Humvee isn't an APC (armored personnel carrier), because it isn't really armored (if you watch Black Hawk Down, you'd see what I mean). However, it can carry troops, that's for sure. The Humvee is a replacement for the venerable Jeep of WWII fame, and comes in many different configurations: troop transport, command vehicle, ambulance, security, reconnaissance, anti-tank (with TOW launcher), etc.

It should have a high movement rating with a high attacking rating, but not such a high defense rating. It would be good for reconnaissance of enemy territory, or for going deep into enemy territy to pillage terrain improvements, or as recommended above for quick counter attacks. You could also make it a troop transport, but the AI probably woulnd't be able to figure out how to use it. Just a few suggestions.

I have seen Black Hawk Down, and it rocks!!! The Humvee's in that movie did provide some armor. In fact the Hummer is now the standard in troop transportation.

Check out this site. It is the site of the Federation of American Scientists.

"The Federation of American Scientists conducts analysis and advocacy on science, technology and public policy, including national security, nuclear weapons, arms sales, biological hazards, secrecy, education technology, information technology, energy and the environment. FAS is a privately-funded non-profit 501c3 organization whose Board of Sponsors includes 58 of America's Nobel laureates in the sciences.
FAS was founded as the Federation of Atomic Scientists in 1945 by members of the Manhattan Project who produced the first atomic bomb, to address the implications and dangers of the nuclear age. FAS is the oldest organization dedicated to ending the worldwide arms race, achieving complete nuclear disarmament, and avoiding the use of nuclear weapons, and much of its work has been in nuclear arms control and disarmament."

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m998.htm

Here are some goodies from it:

"The High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) is the replacement vehicle for the M151 series jeeps. The HMMWV's mission is to provide a light tactical vehicle for command and control, special purpose shelter carriers, and special purpose weapons platforms throughout all areas of the modern battlefield."

"A basic armor package is standard on the Armament and TOW missile carrier models. A more heavily armored, or Up-Armor HMMWV, is now being produced in limited quantities, primarily for the Scout Platoon application. Special supplemental armor versions have been developed for USMC requirements; unique model numbers designate these configurations."

"The M1025, M1025A1, M1026 and M1026A1 HMMWVs are Armament Carrier configurations of the HMMWV family. The vehicles are equipped with basic armor and the weapon mount, located on the roof of the vehicle, is adaptable to mount either the M60, 7.62mm machine gun; M2 .50 caliber machine gun; or the MK 19 Grenade Launcher. The weapons platform can be traversed 360 degrees. The vehicles can climb 60% slopes and traverse a side slope of up to 40% fully loaded. The vehicles can ford hard bottom water crossing up to 30 inches without a deep water fording kit and up to 60 inches with the kit. The M1026/M1026A1 are equipped with the self-recovery winch which can also be used to recover like systems. The M1025A1 and M1026A1 models have the latest modifications applied to the vehicles."

"The M1109 and M1114 HMMWVs are an Up-Armored Armament Carrier configuration of the HMMWV family. The vehicles are equipped with additional armor both on the sides and underneath to protect the crew from small arms ammunition and mines. The weapon mount, located on the roof of the vehicle, is adaptable to mount either the M60, 7.62mm machine gun; M2 .50 caliber machine gun; or the MK 19 Grenade Launcher. The weapons platform can be traversed 360 degrees. This confirguration of the HMMWV is equipped with the self-recovery winch.

The Up-Armored HMMWV is designed to conduct reconnaissance and security operations as its primary function. Up-Armored HMMWVs are organic to the scout platoons of the armored, infantry, and mechanized infantry battalions. Up-Armored HMMWV-mounted scouts enhance the capability of scout platoons to provide accurate and timely information about the enemy and the area of operations."

So while it may not be as heavily armored as a tracked APC they are still armed and armored and ready to move.

They should have a stronger defensive and offensive rating than the truck but a lover rating than a tracked APC if sombody creates one.

Hey Dark Sheer, don't mean to be pushy, but I was just curious if you were close to finishing this unit. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has been looking forward to this one. Thanks.

Originally posted by Ed O'War
Hey Dark Sheer, don't mean to be pushy, but I was just curious if you were close to finishing this unit. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has been looking forward to this one. Thanks.

I wish that I can finish this one as well so I can really start to work on the xwing (see preview). The only trouble is I have been working 7 days a week and 2 of these 7 days is spend on travelling. Man, I hate long travelling hours!

No worries, I will try to finish this one the latest by this weekend. ;)

Originally posted by Dark Sheer

I wish that I can finish this one as well so I can really start to work on the xwing (see preview). The only trouble is I have been working 7 days a week and 2 of these 7 days is spend on travelling. Man, I hate long travelling hours!

No worries, I will try to finish this one the latest by this weekend. ;)

Well, that weekend has passed long ago... ;) And where is the completed animation?

I here yah! I am really excited about implimenting this into my game.:D I hope Dark Sheer completes it soon.

DS,

did you get bored with this one? I am worried now that I see you started working on Link and this ones still on the drawing board.

oh, well, hope to see the finished product soon.

Nah, I never get bored with any animation. Its just that I have less time lately due to travelling and I thought I just finish up some easier animation first. ;)

Considering the Humvee as compared to X-wing, Y-wing and Link, the 3 is much easier and thus can be finished fasted. :D

I will get to the Humvee this week. :)

Top Bottom