Units in colonies

duckstab

Child of Noble Family
I just finished conquering Louie on another continent and the maintenance costs are just killing me. I'm thinking of keeping a handful of the best cities and granting the rest independence, which I've never done.

Right now I have a huge number of units left over there from the conquest. So my question is, what happens to these units on independence? Will any of them go over to my new vassal or do I need to move them into or near the cities I plan on keeping first? That'd be kind of a pain because I wanted to use a couple of the cities I need to shed as staging areas for my next campaign, but I'd rather do that than lose a chunk of my army. (Including my original Warrior -- which is now a Woodsmen III Infantry.)

You retain all of your soldiers if you grant the colony Independence. The colony gets 2 free soldiers per every city.

Also, pretty sure that you have to grant all cities on a land mass independence at the same time, so you may be SoL on liberating only some of them.

I have been wondering for quite some time how colonies work. When I want to grant independence, the game always asks me if I want to give the city to another AI. I do not want to do this at all, I just want to make a colony!

How o I get the colony to be mine, rather than giving a city I founded to an AI?

I have been wondering for quite some time how colonies work. When I want to grant independence, the game always asks me if I want to give the city to another AI. I do not want to do this at all, I just want to make a colony!

How o I get the colony to be mine, rather than giving a city I founded to an AI?

1. 2 cites on same land mass that doesn't have your palace
2. Go into your domestic adviser that lists all your cities
3. Click on the fist, "grant independence to..."

Top Bottom