1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Units needing "Medievalization" or correction

Discussion in 'Civ4 - European Middle Ages Mod' started by Drtad, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Units needing Medievalization (that I know of):

Swordsman
    Axeman
    Militia
    Warrior
    Archer

Units needing correction (that I know of):

Spearmen (when they attack, they hold the spear backwords and it the target with the blunt wooden edge.

Chevallier (it is a red dot, something wrong with artdefines)

About the Warrior and Militia, I was thinking that they could just be changed to early militia, and late militia, since I doubt that at any time during the Medieval period any nation had any units called simply warriors. Here are a couple of screenshots from Medieval II Total War which could give some inspiration for some of the units:

Early Militia

Late Militia

Axeman (look to the left side of the screenie)

I'll try to find more later.

2. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Have you seen the new swordsmen graphics? They've been medievalized.

3. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Unfortunately I don't think they have been changed, they seemed the same as the vanilla graphics. Probably just an oversight, no big deal.

4. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Ok, so I went in and took a picture. The graphics are very different from the vanilla game. Here's the picture.

Attached Files:

5. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

That is strange. I'll go in game later and see if mine is different.

6. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

ffh has a good archer graphic (bannor, i think, demagoge would be good late militia) the swordman looks like the vannila one on my comp, cog graphic still unchanged.

7. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Hmm... Here are some screenshots of my version. And the fact that Ajidica is experiencing the same leads me to the conclusion that something maybe wrong. Perhaps you accidentally uploaded the wrong version? Or maybe you made the changes after you uploaded it?

And also Berber Cavalry has a spear sticking out of its shoulder, at least in the civilopedia, as you can see in the last screenshot.

8. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

I've had a similar problem with the Cog. My in-game graphics show a caravel, while Head Serf showed me he had the Cog graphic. There may be others.

It may be that we have different graphics display set ups, perhaps multiunit vrs single unit show up differently.

Is it the same problem?

9. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Hmmm... That is very strange. Did you change any of the files or overwrite them when installing the new mod?

10. Ajidica

look, FfH has a bunch of good skins use those, and i belive i reported the problem with berber cavalry back on the old thread.

11. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Here's the Cog I mentioned... it's graphic is the Caravel:

Attached Files:

12. Head Serf

Head Serf Emperor

Are any of you running Windows Vista or have a Mac? I have windows xp.

13. sepamu92

sepamu92 Prince

The reason it's doing that is because it's using the wrong animations. It's apparently using Immortal animations, but it should be using Keshik.

14. Drtad

Drtad It Stinks!!!

Nope, I am using Windows XP. I just looked into the art-defines file, and it seems as though you have done it correctly. I found the error in the Chevallier XML and corrected it, and I'll see what I can do about the other stuff.

P.S. Kreuzugg Ritter (German UU) is using wrong animations, and thus its sword is floating away from its hand and it is swinging it like a mace.

15. Ajidica

i use xp also, i am of no help is the files because i only just figured out mods go into the program files and not my games folder. and for the unit animations i belive some one said that "the cavalrys spear is just close to its body and Kreuzug ritter has correct animations" and to sepamu92, it is using knight animation, it generaly slashes with spear, not stab.

16. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

I am using XP.