1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Units that work tiles

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by agonistes, Apr 26, 2017.

1. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

On Ynaemp giant earth, every time I sail by the galapagos islands, I think to myself 'man, I wish I could build a pontoon boat city there or something.'

So how about units that can work tiles outside of your borders? Gaining food and production may be too much, but amenities, science, culture, and oil might be alright.

2. The Islander

The Islander Chieftain

You could do that in civ III, i think they called it an outpost. I really liked doing that then because you could pick up niter or iron, or any strategic resource that never happened to fall within your boundaries. I would like to see that make a return.

3. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Would go great together with a colony system.

agonistes likes this.
  4. king of nowhere

king of nowhere Warlord

sorry for offtopic question, but what is ynaemp giant heart? is it a custom map or mod? I tried the search function, but it only returned a handful of unrelated results.

5. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Unrelated questions don't exactly go in random topics. Considering it's about ynaemp, I'd say, ask it in the mod thread. Forum: Creation and Customization -> Released Mods -> Maps and Map Scripts.

6. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Its one of the maps for the Ynaemp mod. Find it under maps in the customization forum, as Leyrann pointed out.

Its quite large with TSL. I suggest not using barbarians with it.