[GS] University of Sankoré video

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator
Another wonder of desert, this is great. As I like to produce many commercial routes, it will be a wonder that I will always try to build.

It is only disappointing that we do not have sounds in these videos of wonders, the background sound of Sankore University in Civ4 was one of my favorites.

It curiously also fits with near-perfection Arabia. Bonus to faith and science? Saladin is pleased! Domestic trade route are just icing on the cake.

I was up late working on m map, or I would have completely missed this, it is interesting that while good, the trading bonuses don't seam to jell as well as they could have with Mali

Yeah kind of a bummer it doesn't synergize as well for Mali, but depending on what the bonus is exactly it seems to be theoretically good for most civs.

Maybe if you are running a peaceful Mali game and have a massive international trade network through friendly relations with your neighbors it could be quite profitable? I still think Mali being aggressive and antagonistic with it's insta-medieval armies is gonna be the most common way to play them but it does leave the door open for a more builder focused mali approach too.

So they are giving It some bonuses that I thought would go to Mali, such as bonus science and faith from trade routes.
It's the same as the Machu Picchu bonuses that I thought would go to the Inca and now this? :crazyeye:

So they are giving It some bonuses that I thought would go to Mali, such as bonus science and faith from trade routes.
It's the same as the Machu Picchu bonuses that I thought would go to the Inca and now this? :crazyeye:

They have liked to mix things up, given the range of possible bonuses you could have given Mali, it is good to see some nod the them here :)

Any trade-route related bonus is situational. To make the bonus really useful you need trade route, which is a CH + a market + a trader, altogether cost you 400 production each, and you need multiple of this to make the wonder really useful. Though the wonder itself may only cost ~1,000 production, building up 10 trade routes cost you 4,000, and that's altogether 5,000 production.

"Grants bonus to science and faith"
"Domestic trade routes yield bonus science and faith"
"Trade routes from other Civs provide extra science and gold"

This wonder is still good for Mali; you get more gold when people trade with you; and if you want to get more food for your cities you can have domestic trade routes that will get extra faith too.

"Too bad it doesn't synergizes perfectly with Mali!"

Hem... Do you now that WW are meant to be buildable by all civilizations? The Eiffel Tower synergize with Australia and not France ; Terracotta with England or Kongo but not China ; Christ, even the Budapest Parliament is not synergized with Hungary. What do you think, people? That World Wonders should only be built by the one who built it? It's rather silly, if you ask my opinion (and I know nobody asked for it, thank you).

This Wonder synergizes better with Arabia and its science/faith synergy (plus trade routes to propagate your religion), like Macchu Piccu synergize more with Mapuches because Incas cannot build districts near mountains for they'll build terrace farms.

I was up late working on m map, or I would have completely missed this, it is interesting that while good, the trading bonuses don't seam to jell as well as they could have with Mali

Sorry, I was in a meeting and couldn't post it.

"Too bad it doesn't synergizes perfectly with Mali!"

Hem... Do you now that WW are meant to be buildable by all civilizations? The Eiffel Tower synergize with Australia and not France ; Terracotta with England or Kongo but not China ; Christ, even the Budapest Parliament is not synergized with Hungary. What do you think, people? That World Wonders should only be built by the one who built it? It's rather silly, if you ask my opinion (and I know nobody asked for it, thank you).

This Wonder synergizes better with Arabia and its science/faith synergy (plus trade routes to propagate your religion), like Macchu Piccu synergize more with Mapuches because Incas cannot build districts near mountains for they'll build terrace farms.

Nobody is saying that it shouldn't be buildable by all civilizations or expecting that the wonder would have a special synergy with Mali. What we are pointing out (only pointing out, it's not a complaint) is that it's a wonder you don't want to build as Mali since your focus will be on international trade. There's no situation where you want to build it, it conflicts directly with Mali's ability. You want to build the Eiffel Tower as France, mostly if you go for cultural, even if there's no direct synergy. You will benefit from the Terracota with China as long as you have an army. You can build it faster with Qin's ability and it's even good for cultural since you get tourism. The Országház actually synergize with Hungary since you get envoys when you levy units, so you will have a lot of CS to benefit from it. Meanwhile, the University os Sankoré is a big no for Mali. That's not a problem per se, it's just ironic that the Civ from where the wonder come from and that have a bias for desert shouldn't build it.

But Sankoré gives Science and Gold from International trade, does it not? It synergizes well with Mali...

Didn't Ed say there were no desert wonders this time around? :lol:

Looks nice. As long as that Desert Hill isn't next to a Mountain, my Inca Empire will appreciate this one. :p

Top Bottom