Unlimited civ switches?

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
Is there any modmod or something that allows you to switch more than once to new civilizations?

Edit: w00t 100th post! :king:

It might be control + Z, or something along those lines, definitely works as long as you have cheat mode enabled

Tlönitte;11272450 said:
It might be control + Z, or something along those lines, definitely works as long as you have cheat mode enabled

Nope! Tried every z combination I could think of. Where do you get these cheats from anyway? Is there a list or something?

Revenge of the Independents - it happend to me one time. I played Germany, and was collapsing, had nuclear weapons. Finally my empire gave up, and the independent bastards inherited my nuclear stock pickles, and what do you think they did next round? All nuked my capital ;))) That's revenge of the independents :)

Anyway AFAIK independents aren't meant to be played as i red somewhere.

Revenge of the Independents - it happend to me one time. I played Germany, and was collapsing, had nuclear weapons. Finally my empire gave up, and the independent bastards inherited my nuclear stock pickles, and what do you think they did next round? All nuked my capital ;))) That's revenge of the independents :)

Anyway AFAIK independents aren't meant to be played as i red somewhere.

Yeah. There are only two of them actually. When I played as Israel, I also got Samarkand and the Korean city, although you can give them to the other Independent through WorldBuilder.

Another time I switched to Arabia when it spawned and later got a notice saying "Independents is the first to discover Liberalism!" :eek: It was before 1000 A.D.

Edit: Just looked at that game again. The year is 770 and they have cannons and galleons. I seem to have created a monster. :lol:

Btw the (both) Independents researching and stuff? Also having stability etc? It occurred to me, it could be interesting to play like independents whole game :) Behold the independent cities! .)

Btw the (both) Independents researching and stuff? Also having stability etc? It occurred to me, it could be interesting to play like independents whole game :) Behold the independent cities! .)

No, independents don't have any stability. They can't collapse, because what would they collapse into? Remember there are only two actual "Independent" civilizations that represent them. And it's really hard to survive as an Independent for long although you could try.

Of course they're not meant to be played, that's why you have to cheat to do it ;)

Independents have many disadvantages. You will have your culture crippled and everyone will be automatically at war with you as soon as you have cities in their historical area, and there's no diplomacy (and you can't win).

The upsides are no collapse, no maintenance, and free techs once in a while.

I think it would be fun to play as the Byzantines. I wish they were a playable civ in RFC-600.

Jerusalem made me laugh in a RFC-Rand game I was playing earlier today. They autofounded Christianity shortly after I hit the scene, and 20 or so turns later they sent a missionairy my way. Which would have been great, I was desperate for a religion - except I didn't have open borders with them, or anyway to get them, since no diplomacy. So the missionary just wandered around the edges of my borders (back and forth) for 25 turns or so, like it was trying to find the secret entrance.

Then it got sacked by barbarians and Christianity died for ever :(

I think it would be fun to play as the Byzantines. I wish they were a playable civ in RFC-600.

I've played as the Byzantines. It's hard, because you have to fight off the Arabs and are right in the Turk spawn zone.

Not to mention the Europeans. I think the latest patch made the Turks a lot stronger, tho - before I downloaded it I played as Germany with the the version that comes w/ BTS CD. Open borders with Europe resultes in The French conquering Athens and the Dutch conquering Constantinople before the Turks could get to it <g>.

have debug mode enabled, but how do you cycle through civs? All that happens with control + z is that It shows me the whole map, but I don't know how to cycle. Please respond this sounds intriguing

Cycling is Alt + Z.

Ah that feel when all my corporations I had been intending to found are stolen by independent cities in the middle of Siberia because Russia has recently collapsed leaving well improved land behind. They also nuke each other causing global warning with the nukes that the Russian AI stockpiled but never put to use. Real funny until you find yourself surrounded with desert tiles

The problem with independents is that they're often at war with someone, they shouldn't be capable of using nukes.

Top Bottom