Unlimited Wonders - Would this break the game?

Alphanos

Chieftain
I just found out about Civ 4 mods, and found my way here. Just poking around the options I already know that I'd prefer to use the option that disables the limit on wonders per city. However I'm curious about going further.

Basically I'm thinking of trying to edit things so that all wonders can be built an unlimited number of times, and no corporations/guilds compete with each other. Will this break things? I don't mean in terms of producing unbalanced cities, since each would still be on an even playing field. Rather, I'm seeking advice as to whether this would cause the game to crash on certain wonder types, or cause ridiculous scenarios like civ-wide or globe-wide bonuses unintentionally stacking 20x.

I appreciate any advice/experience on the matter :).

Unlimited Wonders is already available.

JosEPh :)

He means unlimited Pyramids. Basically turning the wonders into buildings. A trivial task since it is done in the building class infos XML file.

He means unlimited Pyramids. Basically turning the wonders into buildings. A trivial task since it is done in the building class infos XML file.

Exactly, unlimited pyramids, etc :). Looking at the XML files it doesn't look like it would be too hard for me to do.

The main question was whether anyone has done it before and run into trouble, or knows enough about how the game engine works to predict any problems that might be caused by such a change. It'd be a pain to start a long game set up this way only to find out later on that i.e. crashes or horrible breakage occur once a certain modern age wonder is reached.

There are probably a few tests I could run at least. I.E. try unlimiting some wonder that gives a free tech and use the editor to setup a test regarding whether it gives a free tech to the first builder, or every builder. Being able to repeatedly get one-time bonuses like that would be super game-breaking. My interest is more in terms of considering cities as "fully-developed".

Well... if every civ could build every wonder it would probably break stuff... just out of curiosity what would the point to it be? It seems kinda silly to me.
Also that begs the question, if you have two wonders that increase global tile yield, would they stack?

Top Bottom