Unlocking the Zoom in Civ V

TPangolin

Just the worst person
I've recently been linked to a couple of threads that say zooming in closer is absolutely possible as can be seen here (BE is an example, but it works for V too).

I was wondering if there's anyway to mod the game so that we can achieve the opposite effect - that is to zoom out further than what Civ V currently allows you to do.

Anyone have any insight on this?

That's a shame. Could've had some great uses for it if it were possible.

Guess there's always Hidden UI and Rotatable Camera available to play around with.

Guess there's always Hidden UI and Rotatable Camera available to play around with.

In case you weren't aware, I updated alpaca's CameraRotation mod some time ago and uploaded it to Steam.

I think the definition of 'Nutty' shall hereinafter be: quietly and competently going about doing stuff I would not even attempt in a million years of modding.
Standing on the shoulders of giants, my friend.

And as long as we're acknowledging each other, you, LeeS, are a huge contribution to this community, giving detailed and patient attention to so many people.

So... thanks!

In case you weren't aware, I updated alpaca's CameraRotation mod some time ago and uploaded it to Steam.

Any chance we can see an updated lower res units? :p

I was also wondering - does the Reduced Unit Graphics mod work for custom unit mods (i.e FW, EA)?

Any chance we can see an updated lower res units? [emoji14]

I was also wondering - does the Reduced Unit Graphics mod work for custom unit mods (i.e FW, EA)?
The reduced texture mods weren't mine (I just pointed him in the right direction). What needs an update? Or are you asking about the reduced textures for R.E.D.? In which case, I've already been reducing them somewhat.

As for RUG and modded units... At the moment, not really, though it'd be pretty easy now that I think about it. But what little time I have for modding is stretched thin working on the R.E.D. Modpack update. But all of the scaling mods will be much easier to update going forward, so the new R.E.D. compatible RUG will follow R.E.D. closely, and I'll attempt to take care of it then.

The reduced texture mods weren't mine (I just pointed him in the right direction). What needs an update? Or are you asking about the reduced textures for R.E.D.? In which case, I've already been reducing them somewhat.

I've been wanting to utilise these mods in the Battle Royale in an effort to up game stability. At the moment we have literally thousands of units roaming around each turn covering nearly every inch of every continent (and oceans somewhat too). Low Resolution Units looks like it would be helpful, but I'm not sure if I should heed the advice of the steam commenters that say that it's incompatible with the current game version.

As for RUG and modded units... At the moment, not really, though it'd be pretty easy now that I think about it. But what little time I have for modding is stretched thin working on the R.E.D. Modpack update. But all of the scaling mods will be much easier to update going forward, so the new R.E.D. compatible RUG will follow R.E.D. closely, and I'll attempt to take care of it then.

I'll contact you at some point in the future on Steam and perhaps you could point me in the right direction for making RUG compatible with the units from the Future Worlds mod that I'm using. I'm hoping that it'll make my game a tad more stable from here on in.

Top Bottom