Unmentioned Changes (Australian Summer Patch)

So either the marsh penalty didn't go away or the Wonder isn't helping the appeal.
It would be nice to see which it is... When I just checked natural wonders are giving +1... how about the tiles adjacent to where the marsh was, are they also still showing a difference?

We have discussed tile appeal changes to mines and quarries, but have they nerfed Natural Wonders tile appeal too?

I am playing Australia and I built a Holy Site next to Mt. Kilimanjaro, automatically clearing a marsh in the process. There had previously been a rainforest next to it, but I cleared that, and I built a diamond mine on another adjacent tiles. Somehow the appeal is still -2. So either the marsh penalty didn't go away or the Wonder isn't helping the appeal.

Does the diamond mine tile also have a rain forest on it? That can be hard to see at a glance.

I mean a tooltip that explains what is affecting a specific tile at that time.

That should just be the 6 tiles around it giving either +1 or -1, with natural wonders giving +2. Due to a bug, mines and quarries give -2 right now (but we discussed that plenty). Basically, marsh + rainforest + "ugly" districts + "ugly" improvements all give -1 while mountains, forests, coast, river (only once), "nice" districts and manmade wonders give +1.

Have you checked that over many tiles?
You would not get many breathtaking tiles if that was the case

Breathtaking requires 4 tiles around it being forest, mountain etc. There's a reason you don't see them a whole lot away from mountain ranges.

Does the diamond mine tile also have a rain forest on it? That can be hard to see at a glance.

Would get removed with building the mine anyways.

Would get removed with building the mine anyways.

Not in Civ VI.

Code:
<Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_MINE" ResourceType="RESOURCE_DIAMONDS" MustRemoveFeature="false"/>

If it has a resource on it the feature can stay, but if there's no resource it must be removed before you can build a mine.

Not in Civ VI.

Code:
<Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_MINE" ResourceType="RESOURCE_DIAMONDS" MustRemoveFeature="false"/>

If it has a resource on it the feature can stay, but if there's no resource it must be removed before you can build a mine.

I realize that the appeal in the caes we're talking about is -2 so it wouldn't matter, but else you could ask yourself, do you want 1 food per turn or 2 faith per turn?

Okay, I figured it out. I didn't notice the quarry I had on the opposite side of the tile from the mine. And the mine has no rainforest.

+2 natural wonder
-2 mine
-2 quarry

this totals -2 uninviting. Apparently the Holy Site doesn't modify its own tile.

The appeal modifiers only apply to the surrounding tiles, but we don't know if it's the intended behaviour or not. You may very well have a Breathtaking IZ (well, depending on the scale of the factory, why not...)

Btw, appeal values for a tile stack. So the Great Barrier Reef gives +3 for each tile, 2 from the Natural Wonder and +1 from Coast. I had a tile with 9 appeal in one game, 5 surrounding coast tiles + the GBR.

I don't know if that works for the Mahabodhi (sp?) Temple world wonder that you have to build in a forest, or that the forest gets chopped.

Oh, my poor holy site just can't catch a break. Niter popped up on another tile adjacent to it.

If it's below +2 it doesn't matter anyways, right?

I don't know if that works for the Mahabodhi (sp?) Temple world wonder that you have to build in a forest, or that the forest gets chopped.

The forest remains.

Same thing with Chichen Itza. The tile remains a Jungle tile.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing, but don't remember seeing it before. If your city kills a barbarian, the barbarian kill will not count towards Bronze Working eureka. And the same if a barbarian attacks your units and you kill them, won't count, sucks if you want to get an Archery eureka with a slinger but the barbarian just suicides on you and you miss it.

The patch forces me to convert some mines into farms or else I can't even find a decent spot for the neighborhood. In a sense it further reduces production which is already quite low in mid to late game.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing, but don't remember seeing it before. If your city kills a barbarian, the barbarian kill will not count towards Bronze Working eureka. And the same if a barbarian attacks your units and you kill them, won't count, sucks if you want to get an Archery eureka with a slinger but the barbarian just suicides on you and you miss it.

It always worked like this before. However, I've noticed that it seems to be working correctly now, whereas you are noticing that it still is bugged. Hmm.

The patch forces me to convert some mines into farms or else I can't even find a decent spot for the neighborhood. In a sense it further reduces production which is already quite low in mid to late game.

I'm happy it encourages you to consider swapping out mines at some point, but I'm unhappy that production costs are clearly too high even when you don't swap them out...

Top Bottom