1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoffical Offical CFC Minecraft Server (In testing)

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by croxis, Dec 11, 2010.

1. croxis

croxis Chat room op

THIS WORLD HAS ENDED

You can obtain the world file here.​

Here is the unofficial official CFC Minecraft Server thread!

2. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Guys this is Rubrum, I joined the server just now a few minutes ago. For like 2 minutes, then I got kicked out really hard. I mean hard enough that I lost connection to the internet across the board and had to reboot my computer to get it back.

I tried playing Minecraft multiplayer twice and this has happened both times. I don't understand!

3. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Ick, sounds like a hardware or driver problem. Your network drivers up to date?

4. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Checking that right now. You may see me join and poof away again in a few minutes hehe.

5. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Currently building my house in the corner between Gbunny and Rubrum's houses, thanks for the server :)

EDIT: I've got a nice little place on the corner with a spacious deck that has an perfect view of the sunrise!

EDIT2:

Some pictures:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10004351&postcount=4193
    Also I should give that firestarter back to the community chest. I'll be adding some stone and wood to it soon to replace what I took once I am done my house.

6. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

It is the dawn of a new nation:

On the slopes of Mount Kan, comes CivTown of Doom.

7. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I would like to catch all of you playing :D

8. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Nothing stopping you from joining in on the party :)

9. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Well, except my controlled college network :/

10. croxis

croxis Chat room op

My hope is to get the map script working by tonight. It uses the google map api so you can get an awesome map of the world.
    I also hope to get economy going so we can make stores!

11. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I vote to make clouds illegal. Especially in my basement.

12. Maniacal

This isn't going to wipe our stuff is it? Cause I kind of like my house and Mt. Kan a bit more than a map of Earth :/

13. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Agreeing upon the matter of this.

14. croxis

croxis Chat room op

15. Maniacal

16. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

That is the epiccest thing of all eras.

17. remake20

remake20 :)

I'm supposed to start a debate about the wall that's going to go up around fanatica, but I don't know exactly what we are supposed to argue.

18. Maniacal

I appreciate that you are building a city wall and are quite willing to do so however I do believe your current plan is flawed and needs serious revision.

First of all, you are building a very high wall that gets in the way or even entirely blocks off the view of a number of dwellings, especially Rubrum's who is right next to the current section. As well as you're own (I think). If you're going to build a wall or big thing in front of someone's view then I think they need to be consulted, generally speaking.

Secondly it obscures the impressive view of the town.

Thirdly, we're really high up and on top of a mountain. We have a LOT of room down the slopes to build a wall where it won't block the town from view (nor do we have to worry about the town getting hit by stuff going over the wall).

My proposal is thus:

We build the wall around Fanatica below the houses (so that the top does not go higher then the lowest open point). Since all we really need is a walkway around and can easily just shave off the side of the mountain to dramatically increase the 'height' of the wall.

I realize some edges/sides of Fanatica already break off to sheer cliffs, we can add a walk way onto the edge of the cliff and have stairs connecting any lower or higher sections easily enough.

This way it doesn't block anyone's house or view, we get a nice walkway all the way around, and we keep any future mobs out.

I'm a bit busy Wednesday and part of Thursday but Thursday night and for a couple of days I help a lot with the wall. We don't need it right away either, and it will take a lot of work and should be well-planned. And not just by me, any input is welcome, and besides not wanting it to block people's walls the only part I'd insist on doing myself is where it goes next to/below my gardens (yes, gardens, I'm landscaping, the one next to the highway/train station is for everyone to enjoy).

EDIT: For reference here is his wall (we need Croxis to expand our borders quite a bit to build a proper wall).
    Spoiler :

I'm sorry but it just isn't planned out very well in its current state.

19. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Oh, now I see what this is about (from other thread). I agree with Princescamp on all points. The wall should be much lower down the slope.

If it's not, the town will be invisible from the outside and the outside will be invisible from the inside.

Of course, I am sort of biased because right now it's going to hide my awesome statue and my whole view and bay window. I was hoping the statue to be a visible feature as we walk from spawn to town.

Also, the wall needs to be carefully planned while thinking of expansion (where are the new plots of land going to be unlocked? I'd like to do something, maybe with scamp, on the section between his house and mine, and the deck in front of my bay window).

Yeah, we're rather high up, so the wall can be way lower down the cliff and still serve its purpose. But we don't have access to these sections I am quite aware, my house is built at the very limit of fanatica in its current state.

20. remake20

remake20 :)

Nevermind