Unofficial Fall Further Patch for FFH v0.41

WarKirby

Arty person
I've finally finished, for now. I'm not going to say it's perfect, I may have missed a few things, but anyways.

Attached to this post, please find my unofficial patch for FF. This makes FF compatible with FFH v0.41, and it is mostly just fixing broken art, although I've also imported some new art that was probably going to be in the next FF version anyway.

This is not a modmod, and it will only be maintained until the next FF patch, where hopefully it will be rolled into FF. It will NOT work with any modmods, such as FFPlus. Only with Fall Further.

Installation instructions. VERY important that they're done in the right order.
Spoiler :
1. Uninstall both FFH and FF if you are using any older versions. Make backups if you wish first.
2. Install Fall From Heaven v0.41. It's here
3. Install Patch a for FFH 0.41. This is here
4. Install Fall Further 0.50. This is here
5. Install Patch N for Fall Further 0.50. This is here
6. Download the attachment on this post.
7. Unzip it into the Assets directory of Fall Further 050. This can be found at: \Sid Meier's Civilisation IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall Further 050\Assets
You should get messages to overwrite files. that means you did it right. overwrite everything.

And you're done :)

Changelog:

Version C:
Spoiler :
1. Fixed Malakim Archer; kael had changed the art to a firaxis unit that looks quite nice.
2. Fixed "Create Dancing Bear" button
3. Fixed missing Great commander model

Version B:
Spoiler :
1. Fixed austrin champion; gloss maps and animations.
2. Added pegasus mounted austrin champion; new button art for both
3. Fixed soldier of kilmorph; restored old model
4. Fixed Donal Lugh; imported shield version
5. Fixed graveyard; increased scale from 1.8 to 20
6. Created new folder. Assets/Art/Animations .This folder will hold all custom .kfm

Version A:

Spoiler :
1. Imported all new FFH art from v0.41. This includes the following.
Spoiler :
Arthendain
Khazad Crossbowman
Khazad Berserker
Dwarven Paladin
Orc Paladin
Angel of Death (it has new animations!!!!!)
Svartalfar Beastmaster
Amurite Chariot
Bannor Chariot
Calabim Chariot
Doviello Chariot
Illian Chariot
Lanun Chariot
Sidar Chariot
Sheam Horse Archer
Amurite Horse Archer
Doviello Horse Archer
Illian Horse Archer
Lanun Horse Archer
Temple of Leaves
Song of Autumn
Pillar of Chains
Rantine

2. Fixed all known missing art. Big emphasis on known. I can only fix the ones I found, or was told about. There may still be missing units that I missed. If you find any units that are Red Blobs instead of an actual model, report them here and I will fix them.

3. Added new art by me, for upcoming FF/FFH patches, and a few other small things:
Spoiler :
Updated Seraph model (6 beating wings and blazing sword)
Improved griffon model
New Infernal Warrior model Used a mane with weapons to replace the skeleton.
Austrin Recurve Archer
Austrin Highlander (swordsman)
Austrin Champion
Austrin Pegasus Riders: Warrior, Highlander, Recurve Archer
Cualli Assasin

4. Standardised the scale of dwarven units to 0.36. giving them a much more uniform look. This is the scale most of them were already, but a few units, especially the new ones, were much larger and human-sized, which looked wrong.

5. Fixed the scale of the Nightwatch model. A bug that has annoyed me forever. They are no longer giants.

6. Rejected the new Lightbringer model, and put the old one back. Why kael chose to replace a perfect visually unique unit, with inappropriate firaxis art, I'll never know. but it looked silly.

This patch includes all relevant art and xml. Follow the instructions listed above and it will work.

Feel free to post comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc here.

Attachments

• FFpatch_FFH0.41_c.zip
    2 MB · Views: 686
Thanks WarKirby!

+1 cookie for WarKirby

I DID notice that. And I mentioned it. And my internet cut out at the most inopportune time while posting. And I forgot to try again.

But yes, you need scale 20.

I DID notice that. And I mentioned it. And my internet cut out at the most inopportune time while posting. And I forgot to try again.

But yes, you need scale 20.

graveyard art? My graveyard art is the same old boring headstones!

Just a Q, is this already or if now when will it be a part of FF+?

I've linked to this from the download post - will help new players to find it.

new version of unofficial patch uploaded. Changelog in OP updated.

by the way, the filesize of this patch is ballooning rapidly. Doubled since the first release. I hope you're going to update FF soon, guys. or I might have to use the downloads database for this.

new version of unofficial patch uploaded. Changelog in OP updated.

by the way, the filesize of this patch is ballooning rapidly. Doubled since the first release. I hope you're going to update FF soon, guys. or I might have to use the downloads database for this.

old soldier of kilmorph model?

Dude I reinstalled ffh2, ff, ffplus and had no problems with art.

I had some orange blobs walking around the screen instead of Soldiers of Kilmorph

:cry:

But.. I've fixed them, twice already.

Could you make sure you're using the latest version of this (Patch C) and that you're using it with Fall Further Patch N, not any other modmods ?

Top Bottom