Unofficial Leaderhead Pack 2

generalstaff

Steadfast
Leaderhead Pack for Rise of Mankind 2.8 by generalstaff, version 1.15
Just consider this Unofficial Leaderhead Pack 2 since Zappara released an official leaderhead pack already.

Leaders:
Hitler (Charismatic and Scientific, fav. civic: Fascist); Germany
Hindenburg (Organized and Charismatic, fav. civic: President, fav. religion: Christianity); Germany
Pol Pot (Agricultural and Protective, fav. civic: Communist); Khmer
Cixi (Protective and Organized, fav. civic; Mercantile, fav. religion: Taoism); China
Chiang Kai-Shek (Deceiver and Financial, fav. civic: Corporatist, fav. religion: Confucianism); China
Akbar (Charismatic and Humanitarian, fav. civic: Secular, fav. religion: Islam); India
Meiji (Scientific and Industrious, fav. civic: Nationalist); Japan
Ataturk (Industrious and Protective, fav. civic: Atheist); Ottoman
Geronimo (Charismatic and Nomad, fav. civic: Despotism); Native American
Harald Hardrada (Aggressive and Imperialistic, fav. civic: Monarchy); Viking
Robert the Bruce (Organized and Charismatic, fav. civic: Monarchy, fav. religion: Christianity); Celts
Vercingetorix (Nomad and Expansive, fav. civic: Despotism); Celts
Atotoztli (Creative and Charismatic, fav. civic: Divine Cult, fav. religion: Mesoamerican); Aztec
Pachacuti (Imperialistic and Financial, fav. civic: Vassalage); Inca
Smoke Jaguar (Expansive and Agricultural, fav. civic: Slavery, fav. religion: Mesoamerican); Maya
Jackson (Imperialistic and Charismatic, fav. civic: Democracy, fav. religion: Christianity); America
Henry the Navigator (Financial and Seafaring, fav. civic: Mercantile, fav. religion Christianity); Portugal
Caligula (Spiritual and Deceiver, fav. civic: Divine Cult); Rome
Maria Theresia (Humanitarian and Financial fav. civic: Monarchy, fav. religion: Christianity); HRE
Francis II (Protective and Philosophical, fav. civic: Vassalage, fav. religion: Christianity); HRE
Franz Joseph (Agricultural and Spiritual, fav. civic: Vassalage, fav. religion: Christianity); HRE
Hiawatha (Philosophical and Charismatic, fav. civic: Federal); Iroquios
Mursilis (Aggressive and Protective, fav. civic: Nobility); Hittite
Sennacherib (Industrious and Protective, fav. civic: Monarchy); Assyria
Eyadema (Charismatic and Deceiver, fav. civic: Despotism); Mali
Barbarossa (Imperialistic and Charismatic, fav. civic: State Church, fav. religion: Christianity); Germany
Nero (Imperialistic and Creative, fav. civic: Bourgeois, fav. religion: Hellenism); Rome
Indira Gandhi (Agricultural and Charismatic, fav. civic: Parliament, fav. religion: Hinduism); India
Faisal (Expansive and Charismatic, fav. civic: Monarchy, fav. religion: Islam); Arabia
Nasser (Industrious and Expansive, fav. civic: Nationalist); Egypt
Urukagina (Organized, Humanitarian, fav. civic: Proletariat); Sumeria
Nehru (Industrious and Organized, fav. civic: Nationalist, fav. religion: Hinduism); India
Murad Bey (Charismatic and Nomad, fav. civic: Nobility, fav. religion: Islam); Egypt
Baibars (Aggressive and Spiritual, fav. civic: Intolerant, fav. religion: Islam); Egypt
Nicholas II (Agricultural and Spiritual, fav. civic: Monarchy, fav religion: Christianity); Russia

Leaderhead Graphics Replacer; upgrades the graphics for existent leaderheads. Currently a stand alone.
Alexander
Dido
Franco
Jayavarman
Mongkut

Realistic Diplomacy included for all leaders.
Optional tweaks to Zappara's Leaderhead pack also included

Note 1: Not all leaders are compatible with the Extra Civ Pack Zappara made.
Note 2: The MLFControl file only includes these leaders and Zappara's Leaderhead Pack.

Version History
1.0: Initial Release
1.1: Rise of Mankind 2.8 adjustments, Chiang Kai-Sheck, Robert the Bruce, and Sennacherib unique and Cixi expanded diplomacy music, independent XML files, Barbarossa, Indira Gandhi, and Nero added.
1.15: Faisal, Nasser, Urukagina, Murad Bey, Nicholas II, Baibars, and Nehru added. Leaderhead replacer added. My edits removed. Minor Bugfixes.

Between the two leaderhead packs, the only civs which will only have one leader are Ethiopia (should be merged with Abyssinia IMO).

Leaderhead Pack 2:
Download Link: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=83090
Mirror: http://www.filefront.com/14857993/Leaderhead-Pack-2.rar/ (v.1.1)

The up-to-date MLF Control file for the "Custom Leaderheads" folder (file included in this post).

Attachments

• Custom Leaderheads-MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.zip
    936 bytes · Views: 319
Please move to the Modmods subfolder, I accidentally posted it here due to too many Tabs being open.
PM Thunderfall or one of the other admins, they will move it. The Admins don't check these forums regularly.

Otherwise, nice work. I always wanted to play with Hitler. I just was too lazy to convert him.

Note 1: This mod overwrites the "Audio2DScripts.XML" and "AudioDefines.XML" files since a few leaders (Ataturk, Cixi, Francis II (files are with Franz Josef), Franz Josef, Hitler, Hindenburg, Maria Theresia, Meiji, and Pol Pot) have custom diplomacy music.
Note 2: Not all leaders are compatible with the Extra Civ Pack Zappara made.
Note 3: The MLFControl file only includes these leaders and Zappara's Leaderhead Pack.
You could have made modular sound defines as RoM comes with WoC_installer.jar that is used to merge modular sounds to main mod files (automated process). If you need example how to do it, look how custom leaders are made in the Mega Civ pack collection, some of them have new audio as well in modular format.

Good job anyway and you've saved a lot of time from me as I had plans to add 1 new leader for all those civs that had just 1... :D

Nice pack.

Surely Hitler should be Aggressive, or at least Expansionist?

Nice pack.

Hitler wasn't agressive so much as he was misunderstood. Did you know he wanted to be an artist, but was rejected because he painted more like an architect and not like a traditional artist?

He was very charasmatic, and under his riegn he resurrected Germany from arguably its worst economic depression ever, building the autobahn and he made many advances in technology, like creating the first cruise missiles.

Anyways, near the end he went insane, but I think Scientific and Charismatic fit well.

Hitler wasn't agressive so much as he was misunderstood. Did you know he wanted to be an artist, but was rejected because he painted more like an architect and not like a traditional artist?

He was very charasmatic, and under his riegn he resurrected Germany from arguably its worst economic depression ever, building the autobahn and he made many advances in technology, like creating the first cruise missiles.

Anyways, near the end he went insane, but I think Scientific and Charismatic fit well.

:lol: Nice sarcasm :D. :lol:

Some of it wasn't sarcasm. The first part about wanting to be an artist is true.

And he did built the autobahn. (And the first cruise missile.)

But he did also begin to go crazy. His doctors tried to tell him, and he fired them...

You could have made modular sound defines as RoM comes with WoC_installer.jar that is used to merge modular sounds to main mod files (automated process). If you need example how to do it, look how custom leaders are made in the Mega Civ pack collection, some of them have new audio as well in modular format.

Good job anyway and you've saved a lot of time from me as I had plans to add 1 new leader for all those civs that had just 1... :D

Thank you.

I did crash the mod when I did run WoC_installer.jar, so I should look at the Mega Civ Pack. Since I included the Audio XML files for the leaders in the same folder as the applicable diplomacy music, it should be easy for me to convert them into the correct format to be used with the WoC_installer.jar, I'll be sure to make this compatible with the next version update. However, I have add users of my mods have trouble with the file paths and the MLFControl file (general modder issue), so including new Audio files would be easier for less sophisticated users which have to first get a Java runtime environment. It is difficult to both try to make the mod accessible to both sophisticated and unsophisticated users.

Nice pack.

I knew I was going to catch flak for the Hitler issue (pun intended). I chose Charismatic since it is a military flavor trait and Hitler was a charismatic leader. Throwing on Aggressive onto Charismatic would have made Hitler too one-dimensional. I chose Scientific to represent the advanced technological nature of the Nazi warmachine; see ME 262, V-2, etc. Expansionist is a fitting trait since the Nazi were "green" for their era, which would explain to Health bonus, however, I did not feel that the building bonuses fit as well as the Scientific ones did.

While I am posting, let me upload a few tweaks I a made to the Leaderhead Pack 1 Leaders, to make them more a little more diverse and interesting. Meant to be used with this leaderhead pack.
1. Dido: Divine Cult as favored civic. (represents her as a legendary figure)
2. Hirohito: Protective and Seafaring (Less duplicate leaders), Uses Meiji's diplomacy music.
3. Kangxi: Mercantile as favored civic. (The Chinese were seeking Gold and Silver from the Europeans during this time)
4. Leonidas: Agricultural and Charismatic (would have made Pol Pot the third Ag & Pro leader), Favored religion as Hellenism rather than None.

Edit: New File uploaded, Hirohito's realistic diplomacy had to be added for new diplomacy music.
Installation overwrite the correct files in the correct subfolders in the Custom Leaderheads and Realistic Diplomacy folders.
No numbers have been changed for these leaders, they will act the relatively the same other than the stated changes.

Nice pack of leaders :)
I get an error message everytime I open ROM after I added this pack.
Well, its 52 errors, and I have to click 52 times to close the errors every time I
want to play ROM. So, its 2 errors for each leader.
Its says like this:
Failed Loading XML file modules\afforess\realistic diplomacy\realdiplo_akbar_civ4leaderheadinfos.XML
and
Load call failed for modules\afforess\realistic diplomacy\realdiplo_akbar_civ4leaderheadinfos.XML

I think I installed it right, but it seems maybe not?

Jarro

Nice pack of leaders :)
I get an error message everytime I open ROM after I added this pack.
Well, its 52 errors, and I have to click 52 times to close the errors every time I
want to play ROM. So, its 2 errors for each leader.
Its says like this:
Failed Loading XML file modules\afforess\realistic diplomacy\realdiplo_akbar_civ4leaderheadinfos.XML
and
Load call failed for modules\afforess\realistic diplomacy\realdiplo_akbar_civ4leaderheadinfos.XML

I think I installed it right, but it seems maybe not?

Jarro

If you are not running the Universal MLF file Afforess created, simply add.

Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Afforess</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

to MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.XML in the "Modules" folder is probably the easiest (other than running his Universal MLF, which can be found in the Modmods subforum).

...or if you are running the Realistic Diplomacy files included with Rise of Mankind, simply move all the Realistic Diplomacy files I included to the Realistic Diplomacy folder which was originally included with Rise of Mankind.

...or if you are not a fan of the Realistic Diplomacy module, you can delete the Realistic Diplomacy files. I am a fan of that module, which is why I included them, but I know that it may not be for everybody.

I think I forgot the mention that part in the Readme, so thanks for causing me to remember that. Hope you can get it running.

sorry but where do all the differnt bits go?:confused:

Thank you for your answer. :)
I tryed to add the first you said, but that didnt work at all.
Then I downloaded "Afforess's Addon"
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=328243
After I installed Afforess's Addon my problem was solved. :)

Jarro

OK, after a few days thought, I figured out the issue. The issue is that I did not include a Schema file for Realistic Diplomacy since that module came with 2.7x, however, it is packaged differently from Afforess' latest version, which brings me to the other post.

sorry but where do all the differnt bits go?:confused:

Where the basic Leaderheads go is not the issue (I did something right...I think), it is likely to do with the Realistic Diplomacy files. If you are playing without Afforess' latest ones, they go into Realistic Diplomacy in the main Modules folder. If you are playing with his latest, then they go into Afforess/Realistic Diplomacy (as packaged in this mod). If you are confused (I know I am after reading this answer), and are getting errors related to leaderheads, simply play without them. Overall, the better fix overall is doing what Jarro did.

I will likely have to repackage them after 2.8, and I will do two things: 1. Include a Schema file and 2. have the folder path consistent with whatever is default with 2.8, assuming Realistic Diplomacy is still included.

I will likely have to repackage them after 2.8, and I will do two things: 1. Include a Schema file and 2. have the folder path consistent with whatever is default with 2.8, assuming Realistic Diplomacy is still included.

The correct latest version of RD is in the unloaded modules of the Assets folder, in RoM 2.8beta. Just get users to move that to the Modules/Afforess folder.

i extracted it into the mods file and loaded it up but nothing happened, i normally wouldnt bother after that but this mod looks amazing so i'd appreciate if someone could help me. :)

i extracted it into the mods file and loaded it up but nothing happened, i normally wouldnt bother after that but this mod looks amazing so i'd appreciate if someone could help me. :)

It sounds like an issue with the file path, since nothing is showing up and I have up to date MLFControl files included with this mod.

I checked how I have it set up, and if you go the "Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods" and use the "Extract Here" function with a correctly installed Rise of Mankind mod, it should work. However, since you said you extracted it in the mods folder, it has to be the mods folder which has a working Rise of Mankind mod (i.e.a folder labeled "Rise of Mankind"). How I have in compressed, it will load itself if it is the folder which has the mods folder (i.e. it will work if the "Rise of Mankind" folder is the in the "Mods" folder, but it will not work if you extract it inside the "Rise of Mankind" folder). If you happened extract it inside of the "Rise of Mankind" folder you should see a second folder (Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/Rise of Mankind); that second folder should have this module inside of it.
I hope this all relates to the issue and is not too confusing, I helped people through similar issues with help installing Morrowind Mods (I did not make any beyond personal use, but provided technical help) and other modules of mine here.

Before you run this module, make sure you understand the above posts about Realistic Diplomacy before you run it. Just trying to prevent errors.

Yes, it is Ekmek's excellent Nero leaderhead, with changes to the XML he provided of course.

Awesome. I'm gathering a bunch of modmod's together so I can play a game for a change this weekend. All your modmod's are going in. ;)

Top Bottom