Unofficial Leaderhead Pack 2

Awesome. I'm gathering a bunch of modmod's together so I can play a game for a change this weekend. All your modmod's are going in. ;)

Getting to play rather than test is a good change. I am uploading a version of Early Buildings today which removes the Honey Resource among other needed fixes and works fine.

Is the New Alexander in this pack? In my opinion its the best Leaderhead EVER created!

On the issue of Hitler, I think its only fair to include one of most hated tyrants of all time...even though Stalin and Chiarman Mao both killed more people than Hitler ever dreamed of.

But most importantly, THANK YOU, for making this expansion pack! Its truly a Dream Come True!

Is the New Alexander in this pack? In my opinion its the best Leaderhead EVER created!

On the issue of Hitler, I think its only fair to include one of most hated tyrants of all time...even though Stalin and Chiarman Mao both killed more people than Hitler ever dreamed of.

But most importantly, THANK YOU, for making this expansion pack! Its truly a Dream Come True!

Thank you.

I think the new Alexander is something to bring up with zappara since Alexander is basic leaderhead. Also, I like the new Mongkut and Franco, both of which zap included.

On the issue of hated tyrants, I also included Pol Pot, but for some reason people do not find him as controversial as Hitler, granted his body count is lower, but his population killed percentage is higher.

Oh, I didnt mean to like replace the old Alexander, but to simply add the new likeness as an option. You can name him Alexander III or Alexander of Macedonia, both were titles he was known by.

Just something to think about when/if you update it.

Thank you

Unzip it to here: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules

Oh, I didnt mean to like replace the old Alexander, but to simply add the new likeness as an option. You can name him Alexander III or Alexander of Macedonia, both were titles he was known by.

Just something to think about when/if you update it.

Thank you

That would cause a situation with two Alexanders duking it out, I do not think a majority of people here would want that.

Also, the folder path for this module starts with a "Rise of Mankind" folder. I did that so people can easily understand were to put the files so that they can easily select which LHs they want.

EDIT: OK, I may make a module which uses the new Franco, Mongkut, Alexander LHs as new graphics (not new LHs, just new graphics). But first, I would like to deal with Faisal and Nasser, I found LHs which can pass as them, I just need to make new backgrounds and do a few other things.

Well I decided to finally take some time off and start a snail game with every modmod updated to 2.8 and is least reported for bugs. Well I'm on this island and finally when the other superpower of the island (besides me) gets writing (playing with minor civs on) at around 710AD I decide to declare peace and end the nightmare of spearmen waves which happens to be one of your leaders. I click his name to make peace and CTD. Harald Hardrada gave me the ultimate anti-climactic non-victory game ending condition. It's completely repeatable since I tried it twice and I'll upload some logs tomorrow when I'm not so lazy to fire up Civ for a third time.

Well I decided to finally take some time off and start a snail game with every modmod updated to 2.8 and is least reported for bugs. Well I'm on this island and finally when the other superpower of the island (besides me) gets writing (playing with minor civs on) at around 710AD I decide to declare peace and end the nightmare of spearmen waves which happens to be one of your leaders. I click his name to make peace and CTD. Harald Hardrada gave me the ultimate anti-climactic non-victory game ending condition. It's completely repeatable since I tried it twice and I'll upload some logs tomorrow when I'm not so lazy to fire up Civ for a third time.

That is weird. In my game (not with every modmod), I was able to conduct diplomacy with Hiawatha (only AI LH2). My guess is that a module which does something with diplomacy is causing a divide by zero error. I'll have to do a test game to check out HH to see if it happens to me (as soon as I am done with mine; I am almost to either a conquest or religious victory).

The game I am currently playing (snail, start as minors) had nightmare waves of spearmen (and archers) as well, but it was Brennus who was causing my problems (I ended up as a Vassalling since minors on my other borders were weaker). HH is an aggressive personality and the AI loves spamming Spearmen, especially on Snail

AI loves to spam them just as much on marathon. I also keep noticing in my games how Hitler just can't seem to make any friends :lol:

This may be a silly question but is there a separate download for the music? I seem to not have any music for some of the new leaders (ie Meiji, Hitler, etc). Was there something I was supposed to do when I extracted them to my ROM/custom leaderheads folder? :confused:

Edit: Oops, scratch that, I somehow accidentally had the readme file in one of the folders.

(This is my first post, so please excuse my ignorance). I have extracted the "unofficial leaderheads" to the correct path as explained in post#16. However, when I load the ROM2.8 mod and select my leader, none of the new leaders appear. I checked the file structure and all the leaders do appear in "Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/ Assets/Modules/Custom Leaderhead" file. How do I get those leaders to appear in the actual game? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(This is my first post, so please excuse my ignorance). I have extracted the "unofficial leaderheads" to the correct path as explained in post#16. However, when I load the ROM2.8 mod and select my leader, none of the new leaders appear. I checked the file structure and all the leaders do appear in "Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rise of Mankind/ Assets/Modules/Custom Leaderhead" file. How do I get those leaders to appear in the actual game? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It does sounds like the MLFControl file (MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml) is not correct. Is that the one you checked in the Assets/Modules/Custom Leaderhead folder? Each leader folder should appear in it with a value of 1 not 0.

It does sounds like the MLFControl file (MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml) is not correct. Is that the one you checked in the Assets/Modules/Custom Leaderhead folder? Each leader folder should appear in it with a value of 1 not 0.

Thanks, but all folders did have a value of 1. However, I did not see some of the new leaders in the MLFControl File. I am not sure what to do. I've been working on this for hours.

Thanks, but all folders did have a value of 1. However, I did not see some of the new leaders in the MLFControl File. I am not sure what to do. I've been working on this for hours.

There is a thread on Tutorial - Adding Entries to MLF file which may help. It is for the main modules MLF but it may be worth a read. basically to get the content loaded every folder needs to be in the MLF with a value of 1. The MLF which came with this mod should have had that already but maybe there have been some additions from RoM 2.8 that got missed. Just add in a new entry for each folder. You can use any text editor.

Update.

*Faisal and Nasser leaderheads. Screenshots included.

*Leaderhead Graphics Replacer for Alexander, Franco, and Mongkut.

*Currently supporting the MLF Control file for the "Custom Leaderheads" folder. If you plan on adding anything new to that folder, please let me know so I can keep it up to date.

The Faisal and Nasser leaderheads are in a stand alone pack, same goes for the graphics replacer. The MLF Control file is available in the opening post.

Attachments

• Faisal.JPG
    Faisal.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 251
  • Nasser.JPG
    Nasser.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 315
Generalstaff, I installed the Graphics Replacer leaderheads and when I click on Franco in the Civopedia, I get a Ctd.:(

Top Bottom