1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

unofficial poll regarding elections

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game II: Polls' started by neutral leader, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neutral leader

neutral leader governor of bohemia

having just done my voting, i discovered it is nearly impossible to tell what any of the candidates stand for. i would like to gather support for a change in the regs requiring new candidates to post a message in the election forum clearly and explicitly stating their reasons for running, their general policy, and the specific agenda they intend to pursue. would anyon support this? thank you for your participation.

Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!!!

2. Almightyjosh

Almightyjosh Governor in Waiting

you sound suspiciously like an old player witha new name, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;)

There are official debate threads in which candidates answer quesions posed by the inquisitors (a citizen group anyone can contribute to) and this term there was a soap-box debate organised between donsig and myself which was much less informal. If you want to know what the leaders stand for on a specific issue, ask the question in the election thread, all the candidates follow it pretty closely and are looking for any chance to impress!!

Governor Almightyjosh
    (be flattered, thats the first time I've used that title this game :))

3. Myartar

Myartar Yeah, I'm back

I don't think it should be required, but I sure do wish more people would take it into account. Elections are basicly popularity contests w/o it. I hate it when one cadidate posts a very indepth description of what they'd do if elected and the other person running for that position doesn't even take the time to write out anything, and the lazy butt wins. Ticks me off something awful...

4. Almightyjosh

Almightyjosh Governor in Waiting

I agree Myartar, I think often candidates with good plans and better intentions are overlooked because they don't have enough allies. But often the most popular candidate is popular because they are good at their job!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.