1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

unpacking the *.fpk

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by tesb, Oct 1, 2010.

1. tesb

tesb Emperor

quick question:
    i installed the sdk and tried to unpack the *.fpk files using nexus. can someone post a quick guide on how to use this tool?

2. Sephi

Sephi Deity

1.) once you have started Nexus, go to Nexus tab
    2.) then click script browser, a new window should open
    3.) there is a list of scripts, select "Extract PAK..." and click on "Run script"

Hopefully helps you. You will find the files in the same folder where the .fpk files are. (assets\resource or so)

3. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

I've made a big mistake...

My nexus has always an error with a path and when I run the script to unpack , It doesn't work.

Now I've got a new problem:
    Because i was searching a way to solve the problem of the path, i click on a wrong button than put the nexus window on the right of my screen...so now I can only see the 2 first onglets: assets and Civ V and I can't change back this settings :(
    What can I do? I've tried to uninstall the sdk but when I reinstall it, the settings for nexus remains...

4. Sephi

Sephi Deity

if you are familiar with regedit, search for nexus.

5. CyberChrist

CyberChrist You caught my attention

Most of the various DDS files I got after unpacking the FPKs with Nexus are all garbled up (including ALL of the icon atlases) - both when viewing them in thumbnail mode and after loading them into Photoshop.

Does anyone know if the format of the unpacked DDS files is different from the one used in Civ4 - or is Nexus simple not doings it's job properly?

6. Tabris

Tabris Warlord

I have the same problem. I even create a topic asking that but it was yet not answer.

7. mamba

mamba Deity

Nevermind ;)

8. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

I click run script nothing happens. Then I clicked open scripts forlder and it's empty. Same for you?

9. JFJohnny5

JFJohnny5 Chieftain

Here's the solution I was just given:

You need to use regedit to change HKCU\Software\Firaxis\Tools\ToolAssetPath to: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v'

10. smeagolheart

smeagolheart Monarch

11. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Thank you very much :goodjob:

I've download regcleaner, clean the reg and it's worked! Nexus comes back in its "original form"!!!

You saved my week-end!:lol:

12. Kruelgor

Kruelgor Emperor

Thanks, this is working for me. It's important to have the correct file path on the nexus setup. For me it was 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v' (as someone stated above)

13. TheGoldenMan

TheGoldenMan Chieftain

After some experimenting found out that DDS should be saved as DXT3 ARGB 8bit explicit alpha.

Already made adjustments to my favored paratrooper :)

14. Halam

Halam Chieftain

doesn't work for me
    my path is C:\Program Files(x86)\sid meier's civilization V and just a milisecond pop-up appears when I try to unpak and Nexus is very annoying since it takes 100% of one of my processors

can I use pakbuild to extract?

edit: No, I can't use pakbuild...ugh...so annoying

15. alpaca

alpaca King of Ungulates

I like dragon unpacker, it supports Civ5 packs and is much better than just unpacking everything with nexus: http://www.elberethzone.net/lang-en/dup-news.html