Unplayable?!?!?!?!?

gunnerxtr

King
With all the bugs floating around and the obvious corruption bug, it seems to me that the game is nearly unplayable. I mean in PTW, i had never gotten corruption in the 2nd city i built but in conquests i constantly get early corruption and it drives me crazy!! is there something im missing?

Note: this is not intended to be a flame, its just that i get very discouraged when a city 3 tiles away from my capital is corrupt.

I would tone down corruption to minimal for most gocts and give higher unit bonuses to those without a trade bonus and it very playable or take away a few troops from the govts that did have more corruption.

hmm, i play on large or huge maps, so i guess that the only option for me would be to mod my game (something i dont really like doing)

Does anyone know if the corruption is going to be fixed in the next patch?

Originally posted by gunnerxtr
hmm, i play on large or huge maps, so i guess that the only option for me would be to mod my game (something i dont really like doing)

Does anyone know if the corruption is going to be fixed in the next patch?

Im sure it will be looked at and the modding to deal with corruption is very light compared to most changes. I have made scenarios on purpose that uses minimal corruption for all govts mainly to help the ai play better because it suffers worse than we do on dealing with corruption.

GPT agreements are doubled, so basically you earn twice as much money as you should on a GPT deal... A bit less troublesome than the corruption bug, isn't it ? :D

Actually, I can deal with the corruption bug. You can still build infastructure and get a good science rate. But the GPT deal bug just makes the late game too tedious. Its like inflation. The ai get more units thatn it should, that just slows down everything. That makes me dread the second half of the game.

Yes, that dumb FP bug is really frustrating. How could they mess it up? It is such a huge mistake and defeats the purpose of the FP. It would be like them forgetting to give artillery the bombard capability or ships the sail capability.

The FP bug is far worse than Firaxis forgetting to give artilelery the bombard capability!

As for the GPT bug. How does it affect the game in play? Apart from making everyone a little richer.

I find the GPT and corruption bugs are enough to make me stop playing until they are patched.

The GPT makes the game to easy once you get a resource or technology that you can sell. The corruption bug makes building the FP a very marginal strategy.

Originally posted by strollen
I find the GPT and corruption bugs are enough to make me stop playing until they are patched.

The GPT makes the game to easy once you get a resource or technology that you can sell. The corruption bug makes building the FP a very marginal strategy.

Agreed. I think too many people are fanatical (pardon the pun) about anything Civ on these boards. This expansion is NOT release quality.

Lukas

Don't blame Firaxis. Blame the Beta Testers.

im not blaming the beta testers, but if this is the same version they were testing how did they not see that corruption was a mess!

I am blaming the Beta Testers! It is a VERY good question. How did this miss this?

Originally posted by Black Waltz

I'm sorry Black Waltz, I'm not trying to start a flame war, or be unnecessarily mean, honestly.

But that is a ridiculous comment. Ultimately, Firaxis/Atari/etc is the producer, builder, and moneymaker, and should be completely held accountable.

The idea that the company should not be held accountable is asinine.

Lukas

Kind of hard to blame us if the problem didn't appear until after we were done testing, or towards the very end of our testing (just as an example, that may or may not be the case for these two bugs). Changes/fixes were constantly being done throughout the testing process. Sometimes when you fix one thing, then another problem/bug shows up and sometimes the new bug isn't even related to the old problem you fixed, but was indirectly caused by trying to fix the old problem. When there is hundreds of thousands, or millions of lines of text in the code, it's not as simple as A+B=C.

If only I could tell you about the bugs we did find.......

Look at how serious of a problem the mobilization, RCP and the palace/city rank exploits were, but yet it took millions of beta testers (everyone who ever played Civ3), at least a year and a half to find those bugs!

I am blaming the Beta Testers! It is a VERY good question. How did this miss this?

The testers (even I'm a tester) can't really explain to you, since that would break the NDA that all testers signed. Also, changes and fixes for certain bugs right at the end of the project could lead to other bugs. No need to start a flame war on this.

The corruption "fixes" came in after the public beta test so don't blame us for missing those particular problems (and hell, even if we mentioned it, it still would have required someone actually implementing a solution. Beta-testers spot things, they don't actually do anything to fix them :p ).

To beta-test your post, you meant to say "How did they miss this?" and not "How did this miss this?" :lol:

Top Bottom