Unpossible to make work the new server fix !

Jojo_Fr

Prince
Hello.

The new server fix is awesome, we can play in multiplayer now, without the need to use Evolve (a virtual LAN software).

But in my situation it's unpossible to make the fix work well. Where could come the problem ?

Anyone could help me ? For now, no one on Reals Beyond have find a solution. :(

There are the informations about this problem, and the game of propositions of people, then my answer to theirs propositions :

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7123&pid=494889#pid494889

You say you get the correct IP address when pinging civ4bts.natneg1.gamespy.com, so that means you have applied the fix correctly. So you're bouncing for some other reason, just like people still bounced off each other occasionally when Gamespy was in operation. Either that, or the person you're bouncing off has not applied the fix.

I don't really know what caused people to bounce when Gamespy was in operation but I know it happened, and in fact still happens. One reason may be that your router/firewall uses a random NAT mapping scheme or that the NAT is non-promiscuous. (I.e. it will only accept IP packets from addresses it has previously sent data to.) This is speculation though.

How are you accessing the internet? Do you have a wireless router? Which brand is it?

I have tryed both.

First think I have done it but problem persist.

Second think I can't do, it seems I have no available equipement which I can select to use in the lost which should appear.

So, bah, I'll buy a new router.

Thank you anyway.

Top Bottom