Unreasonably aggressive AIs for the lastest VP (12/1)

TonyZ20

Chieftain
There exists a problem in the early game where almost all AIs declare wars on you momentarily after first encounters, including those whose borders I do not share with. I wonder if this is a bug or feature included in the latest version since the aggressiveness in the previous versions are more reasonable. I play on King difficulty all the time, yet switching to the Prince does not resolve the issue.

Does it say a current deal is preventing you from negotiating for peace with them? I found that a single AI can manage to bribe a dozen or so to go to war against you. The only way to stop that is to eliminate culprit. It is usually a neighboring AI that is hostile towards you.

I thought that had been improved. It was certainly an issue in the Dec Patch, where some idiotic civ managed to bribe all the world in war against you. I remember being at war with 5 civs who I didn't know where they were. I haven't noticed it recently though are still playing the 9/1/21 patch.

Does it say a current deal is preventing you from negotiating for peace with them? I found that a single AI can manage to bribe a dozen or so to go to war against you. The only way to stop that is to eliminate culprit. It is usually a neighboring AI that is hostile towards you.

It makes sense given there is usually a neighboring civ with a guarded or hostile attitude towards me and broker wars against me with other civs. Nevertheless, I doubt the former is capable to invite several civs into wars since they have limited resources for negotiation in the early game. It still does not make sense for being targeted for no reason at all.

In a few of my games, civilizations that I've just met would declare war on me either that same round or the next round. I play with 43 civs so at any given time I could be at war with 1/3 of the civs who are on the other side of the globe. It does seem a bit ridiculous at times, given that I can almost never bribe any AI to declare war while they do that to me with ease.

But then again, I often use this to my advantage. I took advantage of those DoW's and conquered several AI, especially those on the other side of the pond who think they are safe. I usually go down Authority branch first, so remaining in war and killing enemy units is a much needed part of my cultural and science output.

BTW, looking at some of the other threads, it seems like the situation has improved in the current BETA.

Last edited:
Play the Huns & take authority, & you can stay in continious war for an age not damaging you at all, but causing chaos to the idiots who declared on you.

As @civvplayer suggested. Mouse over the "Negotiate Peace" button. It will tell you if the was is bribed.

You can turn off bribed wars in the options file (@Recursive posted how in somewhere - probably the Dec version thread), or play the newest beta which should have fixed the bribed wars.

Top Bottom