1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Unsetting scenario flag

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by SteelerzGo, Jun 4, 2011.

1. SteelerzGo

SteelerzGo Chieftain

I was well into a game and toggled cheat mode to examine the map.While in cheat mode,I accidentally saved the game.It was my only save.I saved the game as a scenario from cheat mode and resumed playing.
    The fact that I am a dumb douchebag aside,is there any way I can reset the scenario flag so the game believes I have played a normal game from the beginning?
    Also for future Moderator Action: please watch your language!!!! errors,can a cheat mode save be reset?

Thanks for any help

Jeff

2. Peaster

Peaster Chieftain

Basically - I don't know. Sorry. But

1) You could try asking in the Scenario Forum; if there is a way to do it, those folks probably know. I guess the designers didn't want the cheat flag to be erasable, so there's probably no simple way to do that. I've heard that some such problems can be fixed by "Hex-editing" but I don't know how to do it.

2) Don't you have any saves from before the incident ?

3. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

The real question is why do you care? What is it that is bothering you? I agree with Peaster that there probably is no way (at least no easy way) to do this.

4. Magic_gorter

Magic_gorter Moderator Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

If the autosave option was enabled you can use that save. If disabled I don't know the answer...

5. SteelerzGo

SteelerzGo Chieftain

I appreciate all your replies.

No,it was my only save.I was always careful and believed I wouldn't screw it up.

I care because all these years I've been playing at prince level.I decided at the beginning of this year that I would advance to and master king level.After many frustrating losses I had this game won.

I guess I don't like autosave due to its constant intrusion.But you can bet your tail I've got it turned on now.

I decided that I would play the game to conclusion in scenario mode and see what score I received.I assume it will be lessened due to no credit being given for all the work I did in the early game.

6. Peaster

Peaster Chieftain

I don't pay a lot of attention to score, but think it will compute your score [in points] the same way in scenario mode as normal mode, and it is not based on when you do things - just on the conditions at the end. For example, the number of happy citizens and Wonders you have. I am not sure about the "% score" or the possible "bonus score" for finishing early. Also, I think scenarios can be set to score in other ways, based on "objectives" but I doubt you invoked that.

None of my business, maybe, but most players get bored with points eventually, as they are pretty easy to manipulate. Winning at King seems a more worthy goal.