"unspecified"

polyphemus

join the long blue line
When I open a folder, it says unspecified just above the folders list. All the link i previously had are broken , and all my picture files do not automatically in programs in that folder open when double clicked anymore. HELP!

if they are all just pic files, right click one of them select 'open with' and choose your viewer. that might sort all the others too, otherwise you'll have to do each one individually. any other file types will have to be opened with appropriate programs. (eg. text doc with word or text editor).

but why does the folder say "unspecified" on the top when i open it up?

'unspecified' as the folders name? odd, try renaming it. are you able to open your files now? if not, the whole folder may be corrupt.

I can open the files now, I'll upload a pic:

Do you still have the program installers? May need a reinstall

i think i've got it. it's to do with networking/internet. you may have an unspecified target or connection that links the folder to another computer. if it's not that, then i'm beat!

I reinstalled it but nothing happened. The thing is that once the wording came up, all my file icons associated with that program turned blanked out. SO my computer was registering an unknown file type. Whenever I tried to clicked a picture file, the comp would ask what to open in with. I configured the files to open up with Paint Shop Pro, yet the file icons are still the same, they look like the default icons the comp gives to unknown file type.

Looks like you're using 'Group By'. But I don't know why your's is coming up 'Unspecified'. Mine comes up 'File Folder'.

Right Click → Arrange By and see if 'Show in Groups' is checked.

There we go, problem solved, thanks!! :D

Top Bottom