Unstable?

Vorpal+5

Venturing in Erebus
Hi,

I had in the space of 15 mn 2 'error memory allocation' and then CTD with FF... I was only at turn 53 and it proceeded fast...

I'm playing huge map with 11 AI.

I know I could get these errors with 'vanilla' FFH but this would happen only on extra huge map OR if I was past turn 300 !!

Here, turn 50 and boom :(

This does not bode well... FF seems much less stable or more memory hungry compared to its father, is it a known problem?

Yes, we are more memory intensive, but there is a way to configure windows to handle the memory better. I really should keep a link to that in my signature, I can't remember what thread the discussion and tutorial was in :( Maybe someone else can pop by who does recall where to find the info.

I tried Fall further 2 times so far, once a year ago and then again some weeks ago, and both times I got numerous CTDs rather early in the game. And not MAFs, just game closing to desktop without message. I really love all the enhancements and would play this non stop, but I am reluctant to start a game only to have it crash midway. So then I go back to normal fall from heaven, which never crashes on me.

so yeah, I'd say its unstable...:cry:

Top Bottom