Unsuitable Pangaea starts

lissenber

Warlord
The major thing annoying me about the game is the map setup. If i choose Pangaea map then shouldn`t i get a start somewhere in the middle of the land? Atleast 25% of the time. I spent 2 hours on setting up maps untill i got a non-coast start (atleast 5 hexagons away from the coast.). If i wanted to start right next to a coast i would have chosen Archipelago. I had that random starting spot thing in advanced menu checked and the map size was set to huge.

Another thing are those untraversable/unsettleable mountains everywhere. This wasn`t bad at all in Civ IV, a mountain here and a mountain there but now it`s 7 mountains together. I set the Earth`s age to 5 billion and was sure to get plenty of mountains near my city. I know it`s not fully realistic but why isn`t there an option to disable them completely :(.

You know a pangea has coasts, yeah ?

Seriously ? Why should people only be in inner lands ?

I know it has coasts. But i don`t see why i had to spend that 2 hours not to start on the coast. Is a Pangaea supposed to not to have an inland? That is what i`m rambling about.

I don`t like coast starts because i`m not very fond of the marine part of the game.

There's always the annoyance of West-vs-East, where your starting city ends up on a coast... facing the map edge. I'd rather get a place near or on the coast facing the opposite continent, rather than building up a fine navy to take on... nobody.

There's always the annoyance of West-vs-East, where your starting city ends up on a coast... facing the map edge. I'd rather get a place near or on the coast facing the opposite continent, rather than building up a fine navy to take on... nobody.

Had that in Civ IV (yet to experience it in V). I remember that in Civ III you could sail a ship from east to west or vice versa even if east and west wasn`t connected by water.

Top Bottom