1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Unwanted Golden Age

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by stachnie, Jul 15, 2003.

1. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

Hi,

Recently I was playing Babylonians. I wanted to have my GA in the middle of the medieval era (I wanted to use it to get Military Tradition ASAP) and everything seemed to be O.K. - I managed to complete the Great Library, I haven't built any single Bowman (only Swordsmen/Horsemen) etc.

The problem was that I managed to get a Great Leader and I wanted to use it to rush some wonder. I tried it three times (Save/Load): with Great Wall (militaristic, industrious), Hanging Gardens (industrious) or I waited for The Art of War (militaristic) - none of them is religious but their completion triggered my GA. Grrr!!! I think it is a bug. I play standard Civ III with the latest patch (AFAIR 1.29f).

Best regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

2. Turner

Turner Chieftain Retired Moderator

Best thing to do is make the army now, and get a victory with it, so that you can build more later.

There are different attributes that contribute to a golden age. I would suggest to search on it, but the search option is disabled.

3. Doc Tsiolkovski

Doc Tsiolkovski Deity

Are you sure you didn't capture the Pyramids, Oracle or Colossus recently? Since you have a Leader, you must have been in a war.

In that case (SCI Wonder, + captured REL Wonder), the next Wonder you build will trigger a GA, regardless of associated traits.

4. Stapel

Stapel FIAT 850 coupé

Doc is right. Capturing a wonder will never trigger an GA itself. But when any next wonder is built there will be a check. At that moment the wonder captured before, can trigger a GA.

5. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

You are right - I had captured Pyramids. Thanks a lot - I didn't know that.

Regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

6. sabo

sabo My Ancestors were Vikings

Yeah, I tend to build an Army with my first GL, then I can get all those handy military wonders, Military acadamy, etc