UPCOMING MOD! Julius Caesar's Campaign in Gaul

I can't find any pictures of Legio X standard anywhere! I should check the library.

I was thinking for the map dilema....Couldn't I upload a folder with the map inside, so that way the map would never be compressed??

I don't know if they let you upload folders like that. Could you e-mail it?

Re: Legio X. Thanks for looking. I'm still trying to come up with something myself. I found some images but they're all b&w.

Thanks, Mate. If I get that I'll dive into the tech tree. I'm getting real itchy to get a playable version posted before Civ4 fever kicks in.

I sent it.

You're right. We need a playable version to withstand the Hurricane Civ4.

When do you think that we could see the wonder graphics. The way your diplomacy interfaces have gone, I am just dying to see them(or something to that effect :) ).

Whew...sigh of relief that Traianus has seen it. Now hopefully we can start forging along big time.

Ok. I have it! It's official! I'll get working on the first era tech tree today. What I'll do is put all the civilopedia icons in an appropriately named folder and mail them to Saturn. I'll edit my own Civilopedia and Pediaicons text files, then cut'n'paste the relevant sections and include them with the mail.

This scenario looks really cool, I can't wait for it to be released. Good job on what you've done so far.

It seems that the map zip is corrupted or something. I've downloaded it three times and each time it was corrupted.

@ Saturn. Hi. e-mail or PM. You tell me which you'd prefer. I'll get it to you asap. I wanted to pick your brains. I was worried about 'Rome SPQR' civ. What's to stop the AI from going to war with the Gauls also. It would be a bit strange to see two different Roman armies conquering Gaul. Maybe all their units should be immobile. Also, maybe crimson would be a better civ colour for them.
On another note - The book I'm reading now says that the tribal colour for the Edui was blue and was orange for the Arverni.

@ Gunner. Thanks v.much. I had a similar problem. I only got to look at the map this week. If you're stuck I'll PM the map to you.

Pink Floyd said it best... Is there anybody out there??

Been working on the first era tech tree .Will have results this week. If there's anything else you'd like me to do while I'm in charge of the map, just let me know.

Sorry Trianus..I didn't feel the need to post. I was kinda waiting for something to happen.

P.S. Could you pm the the stuff your going to send to Saturn?

Hi John_Deere. I'll certainly send you the stuff as soon as it's ready. The first era tech tree is almost ready... But there's a problem. I wonder, has anybody actually tried to run a game on the map yet? I tried last night so that I could see the tech tree for coordinates and such. The game crashes completely every time I try to access the scenario. No message. Nothing. Just gone. I haven't edited any of the text files so it's not that. You'd get a 'missing entry... ' message if it was just that anyway. I'll have a more in depth look at the biq today but it's worrying.

Edit: I've uploaded the map and it seems to download again with out problem. I still haven't been able to start a game from it though.

Perhaps the map doesn't work because Saturn6 deleted a key file or something, thinking that he would getback to it....just a thought though.

I think that we should make SPQR's units imobile to, like you said Traianus, keep them them from going to war against the Gauls or Britons.

BTW, why would Crimson be better for SPQR?

Hi John. I looked at the map again and I can't see anything wrong but it still doesn't work. I might get on to the technical forum about it.
I was thinking of crimson because blue and red contrast so much and we want to give the impression of it being one nation but two provinces. Do you know what I mean?
For the tech tree; I'm going to build it first on my old map. I'll see how it looks there and then copy it exactly into our map.
Almost forgot; I got two more tribe colours from the book I'm reading. The Santons wore green and the Carnutes, Black and red. It also lists a number of animal standards some of the tribes used. Could be useful.
I've completed the Druidic Council wonder now. All graphix are done, wondersplash, civicons large and small and building icons large and small. I'll upload on monday.

Top Bottom