1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming patch info!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Vlade Divac, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Vlade Divac

Vlade Divac Chieftain

Just updated list of upcoming changes on the 2K board from 2K Greg...

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94438

When the patch is actually released (no ETA right now; I'm working on that!) I'll unstick and close this thread.[/QUOTE]

2. Officerjackboot

Officerjackboot Chieftain

Wow good find thanks:D

3. Collic

Collic Chieftain

That's a great list of fixes. No unit cycling ! Most of the annoying, non-stability bugs seem to be on there too. The ability to sell buildings, the engineer boost, wealth production, all great changes :D

4. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Good, but not enough...

Atleast there is another patch after this one :p Or atleast 2K says so :rolleyes:

5. quartal

quartal Chieftain

* Workers – Improved the path-finding mechanic when building route-to roads improved, including a large performance increase when evaluating road-pathing.

I lol if this lowers the game turn switching from 2 minutes to 1 minute after 16th century ad.

6. Collic

Collic Chieftain

You can't expect to see every issue ironed out in the first substantive patch. For an initial bunch of fixes and balance tweaks this is pretty damn good. It's not unusual for games to be so broken it's just stability and compatibility fixes for more than the first few patches.

You already know about the longer term goals for future patching if you've read Shafer's posts on quarter to three. Complain if you must, but I see no reason to.

7. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I was not complaining. I was just expressing my opinion about the patch: good, but not enough. Simple as that.

8. Abremms

Abremms Chieftain

ability to sell buildings is very nice. was hoping for more MP improvements, but i suppose we're stuck waiting on the hotseat/PBEM patch for those. *fingers crossed*, hopefully the AI tweaks make a big difference.

either way, looks like a decent first step.

9. Officerjackboot

Officerjackboot Chieftain

This is not the first patch. This is what they have so far that is going into the first patch. Cheer up:D

10. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Chieftain

There's some good stuff on that list. Good to see the peace treaty and resource bugs fixed.

Firaxis still has quite a bit to do though.

11. SirSaab

SirSaab Chieftain

* Economy - Can now sell Buildings in a city (to help lower maintenance for obsolete buildings later in the game).

Yay!

12. TheBlackAdderBG

TheBlackAdderBG Chieftain

And what about if AI declare war?
    And ability to sell buildings is not very good and can be exploit that go against the design for planning your buildings.Maybe something like ,when you annex new city to choose what to destroy only.I'm sure that not be able to sell buildings is WAD and now they turn over.

13. Abremms

Abremms Chieftain

thats a risk you have to take!

hint: don't form a research treaty with Wu, she is a tricksome strumpet.

14. DarkMaster

DarkMaster Chieftain

Pretty damn good. The future of Civ V looks very promising.

15. milk steak

milk steak Chieftain

This patch looks awesome. Can't wait!

16. SuperJay

SuperJay Bending Space and Time

Wow, great list. This is encouraging. Especially that they're making actual gameplay changes to improve the game at this stage. Very cool, thanks for posting.

17. bromidias

bromidias Chieftain

Looks good but i would love to see them add a manual save for multieplaying..

18. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Looks like there are some solid fixes in there, both in terms of bugs and gameplay issues. I'm glad they will be adding the ability to sell buildings...now those conquered AI cities won't be such an economic drain.

19. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I'm the happiest for the AI and bug changes. Most of my other complaints can be handled by simple mods...this is the hard stuff.

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

This is the third published patch ( well, fourth , if you include the fix for Spanish XP users ) and surely the 22th or later patch firaxis develops ( since the last numbering was .20 and there was the Spanish XP fix ) :D

Anyway it looks that they atleast agreed with me that if buildings can pay maintenance, there needs to be a option to sell them for game balance proposes, even if with a penalty . See , people ? Complaining works :p