Status
Not open for further replies.

ilectrcbob

Chieftain
Don't sure if someone already posted that ... but anyway:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/65980/announcements/detail/145568567556246278

Beyond Earth's upcoming patch is almost ready
26 November - Hinkle2K

We’d like to thank all our fans for the feedback and reports they have been posting and sending in. The team has been working hard on bug fixing and balancing, and as you’ll see in the change list below, we’re close to locking down this patch. We’ll share more specifics for the gameplay changes shortly while the build is making its way through the approval process.

-Firaxis Games

[GAMEPLAY]
• Implementing additional bug fixes for quests.
• Implementing modified quest rewards based on game speed and which turn they were received in.
• Revisiting difficulty level scaling. Increasing difficulty when playing on Apollo.
• Implementing balance pass on Health system (penalties, bonuses).
• Adjusting certain Virtues for balance.
• Implementing overall unit balance pass (strength, production and strategic resource cost, affinity level requirements, location on tech web).
• Implementing leader/sponsor trait balance pass (Kozlov, Barre, Rejinaldo, and Elodie), as well as some seeded start option adjustments.
• Implementing Covert Ops updates and exploit fixes.
• Implementing Trade Route balance and adjustments, including simpler UI.
• Implementing gameplay bug fixes as reported in the community (Quests, etc.).
• Implementing general AI improvements.
• Adjusting Affinity reward ramping when earning Affinity from Quests.
• Adjusting Station distribution, and arrival timing.
• Improving AI, including energy management, tactical management, tech and victory approaches, etc.

[ENGINE]
• Fixing a memory leak that could potentially crash the game (mostly affected MP)
• Correcting screen resolution problems, particularly related to the 144hz refresh rate full-screen (or lack of full-screen) issue.
• Investigating a start-up problem where the game shuts down with an error immediately following the opening movie.
• Investigating crash issues submitted by users, and through Steam crash reporting.
• Adding an in-game option to disable depth of field effect for players that prefer the game without this.

[UI]
• Ongoing updates to in-game text, tool-tips, etc.
• Correcting an issue where actions could be missing from embarked workers (like repairing a pillaged water improvement)
• Adding "Completed" section to city production menu so players know what they just finished.
• Adding advanced touch controls, gesture support, pen support.
• Adding color icons to the tech web (categorized) with an option to disable.
• Better inform players of approaching AI victory, and updated victory/defeat screen with additional information.

[ACHIEVEMENTS]
• Achievements not firing if Max Turns was set in previous games. Also investigating some other possible causes.

[MODDING]
• Fixing quest mod support.
• Fixing 2D leader fall-back image support for all graphics quality settings.

[MULTIPLAYER]
• Fixing an issue that led to disconnects in cases of content mismatch.
• Fixing an issue that was causing available/researched technologies after a re-sync.
• Correcting multiple desyncs.
• Ongoing multiplayer improvements.
• Increasing geographic range of server browser distance filter.

They seem to be touching on just about everything that has been a strong issue, so that is good as it shows they aren't out of touch with the community.

However, there are no real details on the changes, just what is affected - so this patch could be anything from a godsend to an insult, depending on what the changes actually are. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

However, there are no real details on the changes, just what is affected - so this patch could be anything from a godsend to an insult, depending on what the changes actually are. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, it's quite easy to say. The following things will be mostly resolved:
- Quest bugs.
- Game speed adjustments.

The following things will have first iteration of resolving, but will not complete:
- Balance issues.
- Tech bugs like desync, crash or memory leak.

The following area will have only cosmetic fixing without major improvement - AI.

No need to be a Great Prophet to tell this.

This post is also the warning for those who don't want a patch to interrupt an ongoing game to take steam offline until they finish it.

Some of the Civ V vanilla balance patches were very painful if you happened to be past mid game when they hit.

Well I guess I was wrong about them getting the patch out before TG. Looks like patch notes and a deep discount are the new damage control. Everything about the video game industry is so cynical it makes me want to cry.

So you don't think we'll get it tomorrow?

Probably not since it's a holiday here in the US (where Firaxis and 2k are). Could be wrong, but I'm guessing that the update yesterday was the point reached before everyone took off from work.

Well I guess I was wrong about them getting the patch out before TG. Looks like patch notes and a deep discount are the new damage control. Everything about the video game industry is so cynical it makes me want to cry.

Look at (community) reviews, player base on steam, feedbacks on fan forums etc. It's clearly detrimental. I think they care. They are solding their one month old game.

Now if you pay full price for that kind of release... I love BNW but we were warned by Civ5 release (worst than civ be's if you remember). I have civ 5 with all add-ons bought at release each time but i don't own Be yet.

"Guarded" customer.

I've played so much CiV I may just sit out BE and wait for CiVI.

Meanwhile there's a big Endless Legend (and Endless Space) patch out....

Patching tactical management, I wonder how good that is.
That's the only thing that matters to me >.>

Because I haven't lost a single city to the AI since Civ 3.

At the very least I'd appreciate it if the AI would build (or get free) buildings which increase city HP. In the entire time I've played, the only time I ever encountered a city I couldn't take with just plain battlesuits or CNDRs was when I ran into an enemy city with a Mind Flower.

... So I just attacked the Flower itself :p.

This. I'm concerned that with all the bugfixes I'm sure they've been needing to address the balance issues might have been put on the back burner. We'll see, but I'm not getting optimistic just yet. :(

Patching tactical management, I wonder how good that is.
That's the only thing that matters to me >.>

Because I haven't lost a single city to the AI since Civ 3.

Maybe that would be because you havnt tried Civ IV on Deity difficulty with the AIs massive SODs?

Interesting. I'm surprised to see everything on the list, but then again it's so vague it's hard to tell.

I look forward to it either way. I hope it delivers well on at least a few important fronts.

I see a glaring omission: Aliens rework. Or at least a re-balance, right now they are wasted potential.
Otherwise, it looks good. Let's hope that they took their time to make this patch really count.

Maybe that would be because you havnt tried Civ IV on Deity difficulty with the AIs massive SODs?

Nah I don't play on Deity. Science cheats is too boring. Games is much more interesting when science advance at reasonable pace not one turn later and the game gone from stone age to space age.

I have played in deity, I can hold my own until science cheats do me in and I lose interest.

Nah I don't play on Deity. Science cheats is too boring. Games is much more interesting when science advance at reasonable pace not one turn later and the game gone from stone age to space age.

I have played in deity, I can hold my own until science cheats do me in and I lose interest.

AI Cheats are boring but not losing a single city since Civ 3 isn't?

Is that what you just basically stated?

Aye yi yi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom