Upcoming Poll - Tech (on Turn 78) (current turn 77)

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
THIS IS A UPCOMING POLL ALERT - FOR DISCUSSION ON THE ISSUE PLEASE USE THE APPROPRIATE THREAD

Poll:
What Shall We Tech Next?
1. Aesthetics
2. Metal Casting

Note: Since teching Civil Service is likely only as a result of a treaty with Cavalieros, it will not be included in the poll UNLESS someone posts requesting it to be included.

Deadline
This Poll Will be Posted in 24 hours.

Posts on this thread should be limited to:
1. Ideas for the Wording of the Poll
2. Ideas for the Choices on the Poll
3. Ideas for how long the poll should stay open
4. Ideas for the Date the poll should be posted
5. Opposition to polling the issue (simple yes or no with reasons if necessary)
6. Approval of polling the issue (simple yes or no with reasons if necessary)
7. :king:'s (or turnplayer's) warning that poll must be posted immediately

FOR ALL OTHER ISSUES, USE THE APPROPRIATE THREAD Please note that Approval or Opposition to the poll will not necessarily affect whether the poll is posted.

Appropriate Thread for Discussion:
Leonardo's Workshop (The Tech Thread)

If the poll is due and I am unavailable to post it :king: will decide to post (or not post the poll).

There is a great deal of discussion and debate over what tech we will actually go for next, so a poll MAY be needed.

Note: If we make a treaty with another team that binds us to a particular "next tech," there will NOT be a poll on this issue.

I think we need to factor in tech trades with this.

Who supports trading IW and Masonry to Saturn for HBR, in order to dead-end their development, gain some goodwill as well as prevent parts of Sancta-Saturn cooperation to materialize.

Who supports trading Alpha and Poly to Sancta for Metal Casting, as Sancta got not tech alliance, and the only team they can deal with, they havent met, which means it is a smart deal to make.

I think we need to factor in tech trades with this.

Who supports trading IW and Masonry to Saturn for HBR, in order to dead-end their development, gain some goodwill as well as prevent parts of Sancta-Saturn cooperation to materialize.

Who supports trading Alpha and Poly to Sancta for Metal Casting, as Sancta got not tech alliance, and the only team they can deal with, they havent met, which means it is a smart deal to make.
I support both AND I think that if we get Metal Casting from a trade with SANCTA then we will probably have consensus (or at least overwhelming majority) in favor of Aesthetics.

Since NO ONE currently supports teching anything besides Aesthics or Metal Casting we probably won't need a poll if we trade for Metal Casting.

However, we do need to know what to tech next if we don't make the trade with SANCTA.

If there is no trade, I would go for Metal Casting,
If there is a trade, I would go for aesthetics
if we get a tech partner to make aesthetics, we can do CS and let Cav take currency

under all circumstances, I think we should sever the tech window of Saturn with IW and Masonry for HBR

Top Bottom