Upcoming scenario: Axis & Allies

Eivind IV

Emperor
The last couple of weeks I've been working on a ww2-scenario, covering the whole world. I'm really exited now, and I might actually finish this one off! :)

I'm not sure about the title yet, but I thought of making it as an unofficial version of Axis & Allies (the boardgame) for civilization.

Civs:
USA
Third Reich
Italian Empire
British Commonwealth
The Empire of Japan
Soviet Union
China

(+ barbaric civ as the neutrals)

Here is a sneak peak at my units.gif:
;)

Attachments

• units.gif
    units.gif
    72.6 KB · Views: 766
The board game is also a computer game now. If you are making it like the board game then you should only have the Americans, Russians, British, Japanese and Germans.

Yeah, I know, I have both the computer game and the board game at home. Just thought that I could make the game a littlebit more fun by including more countries :) Anyway, the title for the game is not decided yet, I could end of with something different.

Very nice units. I notice my own ME110 up there. Too few people go for hi-res units for some reason.

Just a few comments

the JU-88 did not have four engines. What you have there is probably a FW Condor.

No point having the Matilda II and Crusader which were both early era tanks. Perhaps use the Mk VIII Cromwell or Cruiser Comet.

Perhaps the Wespe could be replaced with a Stug IV or Jagdpanzer IV

The Pz IV could do with a long barrel version (Ausf H?) to help distinguish it from the Pz III.

Perhaps a russian mid renge bomber like the PE-2 instead of one of the existing units?

i agree, you shouldn't name it A&A, because theres already an A&A scen, and also because yours doesn't seem to be A&A based

It's ment to look like the Axis&Allies game. What makes you think that it doesn't?

New civs are:
USA
Axis
British Commonwealth
Imperial Japan
Soviet Union
China
Brazil (or Independant neutrals)

(+ barbaric civ)

For a world map, I think you should consider using the French instead of Brazil. They were a major power and controlled over a third of Africa - Morocco, Algeria, French West Africa, French Equatorial Africa, Madagascar, French Somali. They Also controled all of IndoChina - Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia. Plus one last colony in French Guina.

see
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/frnc-emp.htm

Leave the Independents as Barbarians.

Those territories were British occupied after the defeat of France (exept for Vichy-France). And this scenario start in spring 1942 (...not decided yet, but most likely...)

I think I will go for Independent Neutrals (Brazil, Mexico and the West Indies). They all joined the war on the allied side with support from the US.

I have made some minor adjustments to the scenario (wich doesn't have a name for moment. Please come with suggestions!)

Allright, this what I have done: I have modified many units and replaced several of the old units with new ones. Kobe commented that I should use some more "uptaded" units, and so I have done. (Thank you Kobe! :cool: )

* Replaced the Sturmovik with a Pe-2 mid range bomber
* Replaced the Matilda with M3 grant "Desert Rat"
* Replaced the Crusader with the Cromwell
* Made my own Me-110
* Gave the japs the Aichi D3A1 dive bomber
* Gave the Russians (and chinese) the Tupolev-3 heavy bomber
* Made my own japanese tank - Type-93 "Shinhoto" (Chi-Ha medium Tank)
* Added the Jagdpanzer Iv
* A general paratrooper units replaces the American airborne and the German fallschirmjäger (to save place ;) )
* Gave tje Brits the Wellington
* The Pz IV now has a longer barrel
* New Cruiser
* New Destroyer

(I might also remove the Waffe-SS in favour of a new units)

Hope you like it as much as I do! :)
Feel free to give me more comments, either praise or constructive criticism.

(The quality on this and the first units.gif is not very good. I did not bother to make the interlace stuff. I have the authentic one on my PV :) )

Attachments

• adjustments.gif
    adjustments.gif
    90.4 KB · Views: 559
damn...I'm sorely tempted to replace some of the units for the ZWK PBEM I'm playing right now.

BTW, you should work on placing the units in the right slots from the onset. Paying special attention to problems associated with the Musketeer, Knight, warrior and partisan slot. Also the sound characteristics. You might need to get rid of one or two units and swap in others. Better to discover this early then to have to redo everything once the scenario is up and running.

Hi Eivind,

Your units look really great. I love your paratroppers. This is surely a major inspiration for my own scenario. Keep up the good work! :goodjob: A lot of good WWII scenarios are spoiled by not having high res units which means a LOT in my opinion. A civ scenario shall be pleasing for the eye together with the brain
(Confucius)

BKA

By the way have you thought about how the scenario will be like Axis and Allies? Or is it still your intention?

I have decided to make this as a scenario based on Axis & Allies, not entirely like it. I will include China and Independent Neutrals (Brazil, Mexico and the West Indies) as playable civs. On the board game this is not the case. The US controlls both these "civs".

I will make a barbarian civ as the Neutrals. Just like in the board game it will cost money to invade neutral cities/countries (from events).

Apart from that the game is just in the planning fase. All the graphics is done (which took me about 6 months!) I have almost completed the rules.txt. But when that is done it just simple stuff left, like placing cities and to balance the scenario :)

The scenario should be ready within a month or so ;)

I totally agree with you on the high res units. Too many people just go with those cartoonish nemo-graphics...

There is nothing wrong with that, I admire Captain Nemo, but I personally don't like his units. But as Curt said: He was a civ2-genious in many ways! :goodjob:

A lot of good WWII scenarios are spoiled by not having high res units which means a LOT in my opinion.
Cool! Another high res units supporter!

I totally agree with you on the high res units. Too many people just go with those cartoonish nemo-graphics...
:D I´m proud to be a member of the anit-nemo graphics association ;)
Well, i admit that i like the infantry; but in the case of tanks and planes... :rolleyes:

well, what's the main view of your scenario? One civ? Or are all equally playable? Is it bound by history or do you give the player a free role?

Top Bottom