Update Available always shows even after I update

Jiggly

Warlord
Update available in yellow never goes away even after I updated? any thoughts?

If you updated to rev. 1072, and you can build a Pasture over a Farm and a Farm over a Pasture, then you have the latest update. The glitch you're experiencing is because metadata for the update was not set properly.

If you updated to rev. 1072, and you can build a Pasture over a Farm and a Farm over a Pasture, then you have the latest update. The glitch you're experiencing is because metadata for the update was not set properly.
Couldn't you release a rev1073 just to update the number and avoid confusion?

I tried that with 1072. I don't know where the number the updater cares about actually comes from.

You have to edit CvModName.py in Assets/Python/Contrib.It's a manual solution but works.

I'm the dev of the launcher. My time is extremely limited to work on this.

(Can you describe the problem exactly ?
Nothing has changed regarding the functionning of the update system.)

EDIT : @HorseshoeHermit : Your update is the cause of the problem. When you update the mod, you have to update the mod version to the correct new version.

If you look at Assets/Contrib/Python/CvModName.py, there is "modVersion = "2.2 (rev1069)".

With your versions 1071 and 1072, it wasn't updated, thus the launcher HAS NO WAY to know which version it is exactly. Just push a new update with "modVersion = "2.2 (rev1073)" and it will be okay :)

Done.

There must be some way of automating this (machine-generating CvModName.py?) which should be part of my build process.

Done.

There must be some way of automating this (machine-generating CvModName.py?) which should be part of my build process.

If it's not broken, don't fix it. Since it's not a big issue, I suggest we keep updating it manually instead of adding new unneeded code which might cause troubles elsewhere. ;)

Top Bottom