Update for CIVIII?

FlyGuy

Chieftain
Probably silly of me to ask but...is it possible anybody out there is doing anything to update the CIV III engine? What with the craziness that happens when I mod a game I feel the game just doesn't play well with modern machines. I crabbed about this before over the years, Games that freeze or just crash when you do something simple. Whereas, back in 02 03 they were rock solid stable.:sad:

Probably silly of me to ask but...is it possible anybody out there is doing anything to update the CIV III engine? What with the craziness that happens when I mod a game I feel the game just doesn't play well with modern machines. I crabbed about this before over the years, Games that freeze or just crash when you do something simple. Whereas, back in 02 03 they were rock solid stable.:sad:

Hi FlyGuy, unfortunately there will be no update of the "CIV III engine". Firaxis left their customers with an unfinished product and -in my eyes even more unfortunately- nothing better in the Civ series did follow, as Firaxis is captured in their own "3d-engine-trap", prefering images in a doubtful quality and presentation to the performance of the game.

I suggest you post your modding problems in the Civ 3 modding forum and ask there for help.

Top Bottom