1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Comradeмедведь

Comradeмедведь Chieftain

Seeing that the main authors have no desire to continue making this mod, I want to take over. I want to make it easier to use and more fun. Here are my ideas:

VERSION 5 of CCPT​
    Fix the tech tree, make it so that you can easily figure out which tech goes where. Also make it so that no tech is dependent on a tech from another tree. You will not have to jump from tree to tree in the same era to figure out how to get a tech. I may reduce the diversity of techs by 5-10%.

VERSION 6 of CCPT​
    Fix the policy screen. Much in the same way the tech screen is broken, I want to fix the policy section.

VERSION 7 of CCPT​
    Balance the beginning of the game. You will be able to build settlers once you are out of the first era, but not before. Also I am going to pair more of the wonders to different policies to make each policy more of a choice. Also barbarians will be much much more of a threat through out the game.

VERSION 8 of CCPT​
    Reduce the amount of strategic resources to 10 or 12 different resources. Most units will require resources. I may reduce the wonder specific luxury resources.

VERSION 9 of CCPT​
    Balance combat and non-combat units. This is going to be an immense update. There are many new ideas I have for combat. I am going to make it 2UPT and implement better balancing for era v.s. era units.

FINAL VERSION 10 of CCPT​
    Balance and modify Civilization's traits. This one is going to take from the best of other mods and people's ideas and add them to this immense mod. I would like to make era specific traits. Make it so that it's easiest for the US to become a superpower in the atomic era, make it so that Rome will be buffed for the classical era. But at the same time I want to make it so these civilizations weaken after their rise. Rome will have a hard time in the medieval era. Egypt will have a easy beginning game, but will have a tough time for the rest of the game. You can't have a boom without a bust. 99% of civilizations are no longer with us, can you make your civilization stand the test of time?

These are my ideas so far, if anyone has any ideas, please share. I want to do big specific updates as not to become overwhelmed.

2. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

I want to apologize to everyone (especially Gilga) for disappearing since last year. The last time I was working on the mod my mum phoned to ask me to come over, but I was too obsessed with getting parts of the mod working right and told her I couldn't. She had a catastrophic stroke that night, and we didn't find her till the following night, which was too long so she passed away. I couldn't help feeling if I had just gone she'd be alive, and hadn't been able to touch the mod. I finally just looked at it again this past weekend and started fixing a few things. I hope to be able to get back on track with it.

As for the multiple tech trees in an era, due to the large number of techs, and the manner in which the tree is displayed I believe this was thought to be easiest way. I did notice some techs out of place (such as corporation in pre history) at least in my build.

Again sorry for dropping out for a while.

3. gyogen2

gyogen2 Emperor

Also the policy screen was done that way because the vanilla version did not allow for the large addition of new policies. I am not saying it still cannot be improved, that's just the reason it is like it is now.

4. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Hmm, at least you could have asked one of us before you created this thread, iam always available via pm or Steam messages.

Anyway given the fact that we spend several 100+ hours of coding with this mod, iam not cool if someone will just take over it.

We can talk about updates and changes, but be aware that this is a huge project, that includes so much stuff that even we former mods have issues to keep this whole project together.