1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Update incoming

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

What happens for me now is that the game will close, but a "submit crash report" window opens immediately after as if the game CTDed instead of closing properly.

WorldWarIV, Eramas, Pietato and 10 others like this.
  2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Do you happen to be running a browser window when you're getting the crash? It might of been incidental but I seemed to get it more often when I had a website open on my second screen

3. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

Yep, I get that now too, and this is after a phase where I didn't have any exit crashes that started around the summer patch and ended with R&F :cry:

I take great joy in clicking "submit" every time and imagining Firaxis HQ being submerged beneath dozens upon dozens of (probably identical) automated printouts of my crash report.

Please don't ruin my fantasy by telling me that the chances of them having an automated printout system for crash reports is improbable :p

sonicmyst, Krajzen, MrRadar and 6 others like this.
  4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Not I. Although it wouldn't surprise me if some other operation is running in the background.

5. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

See, I have this theory that the exit crash is related to memory usage, which is based solely on the fact that the period that I stopped having it happen might have coincided with me upgrading my laptop RAM and the summer patch being around the same time was just a coincidence. Then they happened to change something in R&F and put me back to square one.

Having other programs like your browser open increasing the odds of the bug happening would seem to support that theory. :think:

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I'm fairly certain the audio cutting out is related to memory usage. I only have 8 gigs of ram, and a 9 year old processor.

7. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

I doubt it. I have 16 GB RAM and 4GB on my GPU and get the issues . It's probably just a bug or it takes a little longer until it happens with 16 GB.
    Playing a few turns in strategic view helps a little at least.

nzcamel likes this.
  8. theadder

theadder Chieftain

I doubt that this is the case for either. I have 32GB RAM and both happen to me.

nzcamel likes this.
  9. pietro1990

pietro1990 Chieftain

I hope they fix the joint war issue

10. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Funny you say that, because I'm almost certain that Civ6 has a memory leak. Don't believe me? Play a long game, exit to the menu. Start a new game, or even "restart" about 50 turns to another game and see how the game drags. And my machine was top-end less than a year ago, so still fairly high end. I suspect the crash-on-exit is related to memory allocation issues and I bet that when the exit crash is fixed suddenly the game will run MUCH smoother at the same time.

Jackanape likes this.
  11. DonPato

DonPato Chieftain

I also get crash at exit each time that I exit the game.

12. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Have they said if this will kill save games?

13. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I don't think they ever make statements one way or other on this point. I'd give about 80% chance saves will be fine with no mods, less with mods.

14. Leathaface

Leathaface Chieftain

The Entertainment District will be getting a buff so it'll be altered fundamentally, I think that will mean you'd need to start a new game.

15. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

I wish the patch was live already. I'm tired of missing boosts like political philosophy and a bunch of other early game bonuses because all CS are conquered by 5 warriors on turn 20 -_-

Jackanape likes this.
  16. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I really, really hope they removed that frustrating fun killer that is the "you're winning" hidden modifier or whatever cause me to lose all my alliances. I'm losing all my friendships/alliances again while doing really well in diplomacy, which basically means diplomacy is pointless, I get nothing from it. Agendas, being peaceful, being careful with denounces and friendships, all pointless, all for nothing. I'll go into full rant mode if this still a thing after this patch.

I didn't get it anymore but I finally got an SSD right before R&F release, so I'm not sure if it's actually fixed or if the SSD is the reason I didn't get this anymore.

That happened to me when I was closing the game directly, without going back to the main menu. I started going to the main menu first and didn't get it anymore.

Craig_Sutter likes this.
  17. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

In my culture victory game I had no problem at all maintaining 5 alliances and a DoF all game long...

18. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Curious how you find the SSD affects the performance of Civ? Does it load much faster? Any noticeable improvements? I've been thinking about getting one.

19. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

There is definitely something odd going on behind the scenes involving the AI's desire to renew alliances though. I don't know if its actually a "you're winning" modifier that turns them against you, but there does seem to be some kind of trigger that makes them go through a sudden personality shift. It almost feels like they move into a sort of neutral holding position while they search for someone to bribe into a joint war, and if there are no willing candidates they get stuck perpetually with what looks like only positive diplo modifiers, but yet they still refuse to ally with you or even declare friendship.

20. liv

liv Warlord

Is the update coming today likely?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.