Update on Upcoming Schedule

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the radio silence on my part, I've been busy both with the new release and with juggling a large number of real life responsibilities. There have been considerable delays in getting the next version (version 3.0) out, but I believe the players will greatly enjoy the package of balance changes, bugfixes and new features that is being prepared.

There was a lot of community interest in the proposals last month, and implementing all of these proposals has taken a lot of time, in addition to some of the new features I'm adding. I also have some other housekeeping tasks to do (see below).

With that being said, due to the long delay, the Proposal Phase for the VP Congress will be extended by one month to December 15 to allow time for playtesting. For the time being, this is a one-time adjustment to account for the first session being overwhelming, and future sessions will not take as long.

So, to summarize:
Between November 14 and 18: Version 3.0 release. In addition, I will spend some time cleaning up the forum and making changes to the VP Congress system based on the feedback received on CivFanatics and Discord. When those changes are complete, a thread will be posted to announce them.
December 15: Proposal Phase for VP Congress #2 Session #2 ends
December 16 to 18: Sponsorship Phase for VP Congress Session #2
December 19 to 31: Voting Phase for VP Congress Session #2
January 1, 2023: Proposal Phase for VP Congress Session #3

EDIT: There is no current decision on whether VP Congress phases and the release schedule will be interlinked in the future. It is the case for this release, but it may not be the case for future releases.

Last edited:
With the ambitious additions for the new release I can only imagine the back and forth testing required to make sure it functions correctly. To be honest you guys release bigger releases, and more frequently, then any of the major game developers. Kudos to you.

Can't wait, I'm like a child waiting for Santa
I remember those days as a kid. Waiting for christmas to get a new game and spend the entire break playing it.

Your right. This does have a feeling of that for me too.

....but i dont wanna wait till christmas to unwrap this sucker :)

Can't wait for the update to release today!

Looking on the Github page, it seems a lot of files are updated already, I assume we can just download the new version from there?

Can't wait for the update to release today!

Looking on the Github page, it seems a lot of files are updated already, I assume we can just download the new version from there?
Much of the work was completed yesterday but I'm still ironing out some lingering bugs and issues. Peace treaties, infinite citizens and some tactical AI issues were fixed, but there's a new bug with processes, difficulty levels aren't displaying properly, and the AI is unable to handle the new barbs and unhappiness values, so they need adjustment.

Much of the work was completed yesterday but I'm still ironing out some lingering bugs and issues. Peace treaties, infinite citizens and some tactical AI issues were fixed, but there's a new bug with processes, difficulty levels aren't displaying properly, and the AI is unable to handle the new barbs and unhappiness values, so they need adjustment.
Take all the time that you need. And thank you and the Vox Populi team for all the work you guys put into this.

Are the patch notes available already somewhere?

Are the patch notes available already somewhere?
There is an incomplete changelog on the Discord server.

Also, there is a delay caused by unexpected Firaxis hardcoding in the database. :mad:

Top Bottom