1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Update/Patches for v37

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by CainStar, Apr 4, 2017.

1. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

So are there any, as there were with v36? Just asking before I start my new game.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

3. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

Yes, but not everyone (players that is) use the svn.

Just waiting patiently for a patch or one of Joe's posts.

Those paying attention, do realize there are significant adjustments still being made.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I was holding off till the tech tree was finished and the corresponding GS and Era adjustments. Also T-brd's New Combat Mod Option is getting added in stages.

Plus Dropbox changed everything I used before to make the Patches available and I have stopped using it. So I currently have no place to upload to. :(

I guess I really need to figure something out cause you all that don't use the SVN are severely losing out right now. I'll see what I can come up with.

Question: Do any of you have a site that you can upload and then allow downloads from for files in the 1 - 2GB range?

5. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

Not I; and thanks for the effort, it is appreciated. Also agree on waiting for things to settle a bit.

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I am trying my Dropbox acct to see how and if it will let me Upload C2C in a compressed format and then share thru a Public link like I used to do. The latest svn version 9567 is being uploaded now. Estimated time of upload 2 hours. My DSL only provides me with a 1MB upload speed. :p

So once it gets uploaded I will get a Link for it and post it for someone to try. The file will say "caveman2cosmos-code-9567-trunk.zip". If you can D/L it then after you unzip it just rename to Caveman2Cosmos. Please double check to make sure there is not another folder inside that says caveman2cosmos. Once verified then copy paste the folder into your BtS/Mods folder. After removing the Old Caveman2Cosmos you have already there. Store it (the old version) some place else out of the Civ IV Game's Directory if you decide to go back to it later.

So until then we wait.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@Joe: You may remember a bit ago I pinpointed a moment where I felt that we had really just done nothing but improve on v37. That would be a good capture moment for a patch. v37.5 if you will. I just can't recall where I mentioned it but if it can be found we could use the date on that post to get the right SVN version. I might have mentioned it in one of the MP threads...

8. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

EDIT: SVN 9567 has been deleted. Follow link below for newest Full Mod Patch.

Link to post with New version:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/update-patches-for-v37.613571/page-3#post-14761181

<deleted>

Attention: Please read my above post 1st!

I need a volunteer to try this link to see if it will allow a D/L.

If you don't see a Download rectangle click the box in upper right corner that has 3 dots. A drop down menu should appear with a Download option. Also please leave a simple comment like +1 or your CFC user name. I need to keep track of the D/Ls Please. :)

EDIT: Please be aware that if you want to continue playing a v37 Official release game there Will be Oddities in Dates and Other areas like Tech Tree, Myths, and a few other areas like Game set up Options. You may see early game buildings show up in your build list again. This is because of the new Techs and New Eras added into the Tech Tree. You may have to rebuild some of those early buildings to restore upgrade paths in some instances. So this is a Warning about continuing Old v37 games with the new version I'm trying to supply. You are taking risks of even a CTD. So Please Do Not litter the BUG thread with supposed "bugs" from using your older save games. Please.

@T-brd,
    I remember you mentioning it. But I don't recall a specific version unless you meant 9445 that we used for the Pbem basis.

EDIT2: See this post to update the download to SVN v9570 for latest Game Speed updates that include all the New Eras for all GS. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/update-patches-for-v37.613571/#post-14714588

EDIT3: If you start a new game from either v37 or v36 Official releases you Must clear the cache folder. If you do not you will have problems and maybe even CTD. Especially v36 games. They can not be continued for v37 Official or this "Patched" Full Mod from the SVN.

The path to this cache folder for win 10 is: C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\My Games\Beyond the Sword\cache . Delete ALL the contents of this cache folder. Then your New game will be much more playable.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I did not start the download but I did get to the bit that said asked where I wanted to save the download to.

10. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

Dropbox worked like a charm. Opened the link, closed the login in "popup", and selected 'direct download' from the dropbox(actual dropbox), download took about 2 mins. Extract to BtS/Mods, renamed the folder and started a new game in UEM map in custom scenario as Germany. Loaded fine, thou I did get a warning popup about C2C should be started at prehistoric era, which I did, so I guess that just pops up whether, or not, you actually start the prehistoric era.
    Wau I did not expect you guys to actually start making a patch for v37. I was only asking if there were any XD XD XD.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Good!

About the UEM, you have to manually set it to Prehistoric Era iirc. I've used Pit's map in the past too for testing Eternity Game Speed. Good map, just so dad gummed slow though.

I would like some feed back on Maint costs after you've played past Preh era Please. I lowered the additional maint. costs from 110% to 90%. and lowered inflation by 1. You can see this in the 2nd icon top right that gives where your gold comes from and is spent where. Hover over maint Cost iirc and it shows a pop up that breaks it down.

Also CainStar since you started this thread could you amend the title for me? Just remove the "?" please. :)

12. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

The ? removed.....dammit took me awhile to find how to edit thread title :p. Anyway......I will report on the Maint. Cost thing later.......sorry but ME:A is pulling me away from civ 4 :). At the custom scenario setup the only "changeable" option, at least I think it was the only one, was the game speed which was set to eternity by default.

13. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

Downloaded it without any issues. The download option was immediately there after telling dropbox I didn't want to set up a new account.
    The version was 9535, IIRC

Quickie Questions:
    Where/what is the UEM? I saw a few Earth Maps on the custom scenario screen, but I didn't see any that would have a 'U' as an abbreviation.
    Also I recall directions to making permanent changes to the City Overview/Advisor screen stick. I can't seem to find them, could someone point them out for me.

Thanks in advance.

I'll give a maintenance report(s) sometime in the future.

14. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

Can be found in the Caveman2Cosmos sub forum Maps & Scenarios.
    And here is a link to the thread of the said UEM map:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-svn-update-compatible-by-pit2015.552901/

15. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

Thank you. That's going to be to large for my tastes. I also get why it isn't included :)

Just need the link for the Overview/adviser screen.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

The SVN version I uploaded is 9567. I have an Updated GameSpeed file update the version to SVN 9570. The new GS have now all had the new eras added in. And each GS now has a slightly different total turns than before the new eras.
    GS Total Turns by GS:
    Eternity = 8202
    Eon = 6065 (had biggest change)
    Snail = 5030
    Marathon = 3353 (2nd biggest change)
    Epic = 2050
    Normal = 1022

The path to update the Civ4GameSpeedinfo.xml is in Assets/XML/GameInfo folder. Just replace the old file with this new file. Then All GS will have the new eras in them to accommodate the 200,000BC start to the Future Era starting at ~ 10,000AD

Attached Files:

17. CainStar

CainStar Chieftain

I'm not quite sure if the 'CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml' file did its job right...... I am right now on turn 363 and the year is something like 116926 A.D XD XD. Also the game started at 50.000 B.C. And I even started a new game today, with the modified .xml file.

18. Lord Brooks

Lord Brooks Big Noob

I'm no expert but I think that will be because you're playing a scenario. If you start a new custom game using a map script instead of a pre-made scenario map you'll start at 200,000 BC. If you play a scenario they are all pre-made to start at 50,000 BC. It's easily fixed though. All you need to do is go to your \Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\PrivateMaps folder. If you right click on the scenario you're playing, for example FIXED_GEM_ preset_No_Custom_Civs and choose 'open with' then choose a text editing application to open the file. Then look for the line that reads 'StartYear=-50000' and change it to 'StartYear=-200000' then save. That should mean the game starts in 200,000 BC and the game speed should work correctly when you're playing. Hope that helps.

19. Lord Brooks

Lord Brooks Big Noob

I have another question. In the top left where your research points per turn are displayed I have for example :science: +8/turn and +8 TD and/or WFL. What does that mean? I can't find it in the civilopedia.

20. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

TD = Tech Diffusion
    WFL = Win for Loosing

These are c2c options unchecked/checked (in your case apparently) on the options screen when you set the game up. Hover over them for descriptions. In short they provide research bonuses to those behind (TD) or small in size (WFL)