Update to 1.61?

The easiest way would be to got to the 'ADVANCED' tab in the civ4 main screen. From there click on the 'CHECK FOR UPDATES' button. The downloading will then begin.
Enjoy! ;)

No that is for updating the game itself.

For mods you need to edit the Global Defines file.

Question: Did you change any of the parameters in the GlobalDefines.xml file?

If not just find that file in the main game's assets\XML folder and replace the one for your mod with it.

If you have made changes then you'll need to make those changes again after copying over it. Make a back up first of course so you can refer to both of them and make the changes as you go.

The reason for this is the first 3 lines are different in version 1.61, and there are other new lines that aren't in the old version.

You may also want to replace the python files. Unless you have specific code that you made it will be really quick. If you have made new python code then it can take quite a while.

Sorry that there isn't a quick fix to this.

Basically some of the XML's were changed with the patch. Whatever changes you made in the 1.52 XMLs youll also have to make in the 1.61 XMLs. For the most part just do a cut and paste if you have added anything to the files. Keep the addons at the bottom of the file to speed this process up for future patches. If you have changed anything with existing text files Youll have to do all that hard work again.

It's not that difficult, if it's a "full conversion" without any of the original techs/leaders/units/etc. Don't know about python though...

Just change the 1st 3 lines in GlobalDefines (version, saveversion & languages IIRC) into what they are in the default globaldefines. If it still gives errors, you should know how to fix them.

i spent quite a while converting the xml today. :crazyeye:

but i have a populated, premade map with my mod, and it just crashes to desktop. only when i try to load it and after the progress bar is completely done.

Top Bottom