Update v2.4.2 iOs makes Deity become Impossible?

Darkmot

Chieftain
A few days ago I updated my iOs version into v2.4.2 (an update after previous big multiplayer and building update). I used to beat Deity before, but now it's just plain impossible.

When I reach my 1st tech, usually I've met couple other civ, and they already had 4-8 tech. At the point I reach my 2nd tech, they already had 14 tech (not to mention also impossibly high culture and economy and production too). Does anyone experience this too?

On unrelated note, I want to ask about India, their starting ability is access to all resources, but it seemed that the resources only gives partial benefit instead full benefit, until I researched the correct tech. Is this deliberate?

And also, how do you bribe other civ to attack other civ? Even in late game, when I asked about other civ, the AI always responds "I've never met the ........ ", even if their cities already overlap each other. It's annoying, since diplomacy seems very shallow, and Fan the Flame achievement is taunting me, never been able completed.

Darkmot, I'm having exactly the same impossible situation with deity. Even "cheating" with save/load. I often play Romans, but I tried Aztecs, Americans and Zulus. Every time the other Civs has tremendous advantages in techs and culture.

I wonder if it's a soft push to buy the upgrades. Meaning, we'll be leveled again with the upgrades. I haven't bought any.

I'm going to try as emperor.

I've hit the same thing. Before the last upgrade I was easily winning on deity, but now I'm having trouble even on Emperor. Also seeing the bug where the AI civs never have contact with each other. I've no problem with it being harder, just surprised.

On the question about the Indian civ bonus, there is a maximum resources per tile limit for each era. So at the beginning you don't get full benefit from some resource tiles but it will increase each era change.

Same, getting smashed. Have all 4 victories on Deity for Japanese and Romans, just sat down to try Americans and couldn't believe how quickly the others civs belted me.

Deity is just more fun now:D. Before, It was not worty of being called Deity because you could not too difficulty beat the AI technologically. Now, I have to always invest in that field to keep up with my opponent from taking an edge on me and I have to choose carefully my tech path if I want to have the bonuses for being the 1th to discover a tech. Plus, now, I am finally worried that the AI can take a city from me! I simply love this update.

Yes. I won three games on diety since update 2.4.2 as the Zulus(technological), the British(domination) and the Romans(cultural).

I think the game cheats now on Deity. The AI easily can win around 1200AD.

With total basic cities it grows like crazy. Before i could reach a population of four, the AI will have two cities with size of 9 each.

Or today's experience: did a horse rush, and by the time i produced the first horse unit, the Russians were all over the map with MANY horse armies.

Attack seemed to be impossible too because the cities kept producing vast amount of units, even though i occupied his production tiles. And when i did the third or fourth attack it suddenly had riflemen against my horse attacks.

it happens both on iPhone and on iPad.

I am not sure how one can overcome situations like this.
Teriaky, one (or two) of our IOS device must be very different.
Or is it just a bug that happens. Maybe a fresh install would help? I mean the device. I've tried to uninstall reinstall but did not help.

BTW the amount of bugs are crazy still.

Anyone can report if the Nintendo DS version was any different?

It's certainly rock hard on deity now. I used to play Zulu a lot and rush two warrior armies. This no longer works often or well. The AI is knocking out two units per turn and most of the time a battle is lost before you get Blitz.

When it did work as a starting strategy I found tanks and fighters coming at me by 1050AD!

On bugs I've found that the Aztec warriors have two movement and heal, the strategy still does not work though.

Top Bottom