Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maska_zgz

Warlord
AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack: 1.2 Released (14/03/2014)
AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack: 1.2 HotFix1 Released (17/03/2014)
Custom Leaderheads MCP: 1.1b Released (16/03/2014)
Alternative Leaderheads MCP: 1.1 Released (14/03/2014)
Translation to French compatible with MCP 1.2 + hotfix1 Released(Thanks to dbkblk for this!) (24/03/2014)

Hello everyone. First of all, English is not my native language, so although I manage quite well with the language, if there are some mistakes or is not understood something, I apologize.

Here I bring you the new version of AND Mega Civ Pack, compatible with AND 2.1. I played 2 games without problems with this version, and therefore I decided to upload it so that all may use, so that with your opinions and tips can more rapidly repair whatever it takes.

There are three independent submods, but can be used together perfectly (In fact, I advise the use of all three at once).

The submods are:

AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack (MCP):

Add 102 new civilizations to the game. These civilizations can be installed separately or all together. Each civilization has at least 2 Leaders, one UU (unique unit) and one UB (unique building), them balanced for use with Revolutions. If they are all installed, the mod will load very slowly at starting, but there will be a diversity of civilizations incredible in the game.

Content:

New Civilizations
Spoiler :

Aborigines
Akkad
Albania
Anglo-Saxons
Anishnaabek (Algonquian language grounp)
Apache
Argentina
Armenia
Ashanti
Australia
Austria
Baktria
Bangladesh
Batavii
Belgium
Benin
Brazil
Bulgaria
Burma
Canada
Champa
Cherokee/Aniyonega
Chile
Chola
Colombia
Congo
Croatia
Cuba
Czech
Denmark
Dinnehih (Navajo and nearby tribes)
Egypt (Modern Egypt), which includes Kemet (Rename: Formerly Egypt), this is for fairly obvious reasons
Etruscans
Georgia
Getai
Goths
Finland
Harappa
Hungary
Huns
Hurrians
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Kanem-Bornu
Kazakh
Khazaria
Latvia
Lithuania
Lombards
Majapahit
Malagasy
Mapuche
Mexico
Minoa
Moche
Morocco/Maghreb
Mutapa
Mycenae
New Zealand
Nigeria
Norway
Nubia
Olmec
Pakistan
Parthia
Philippines
Phoenicia
Picts
Piliwni (Paiute and nearby tribes)
Poland
Polynesia
Scotland
Scythia
Seleukeia
Seljuks
Serbia
Sioux (Rename: Formerly Native Americans)
Somalia
Songhai/Mande
South Africa
Sweden
Switzerland
Tibet
Timurid
Toltec
Troy
Tupi (Native Brazilians)
Ukraine
Uyghur
Vedic
Venezuela
Venice
Vietnam
Wales
West Indies
Xiongnu
Yemen

Changelog:
Spoiler :
MPC . 1.0 (Initial Release) (20/02/2014)

1 - Changed the format of many CIV4GameText.xml of utf-8 to ISO-8859-1, to avoid problems. With this, we avoid text errors when loading the mod.

2 - Repaired an entry in a "attitude_furious <DemandTributeAttitudeThreshold>", that was causing errors.

3 - Removed the requirement "bonus_sulphur" and "bonus_ammo" for some units, as these resources are no longer used and caused errors.

4 - Repaired a unit that could be upgraded to a nonexistent unitclass, unitclass_tesla_infantry, and as this unitclass no longer exists, I removed this update putting the appropriate update for this unit in AND 2.1.

5 - Fixed the button of a Leader, Antiochus of Seleucia, which did not appear correctly in the civilopeda.

6 - Removed the problematic favorite civics of the leaders who used (Parliament and Vassalage). The changes are:

- Andranik (Armenian Empire) From: Parliament - To: Volunteer army

- Osei Kofi Tutu I (Ashanti Empire) From: Parliament - To: Hereditary rule

- Sheikh Hasina (Bangladeshi Empire) From: Parliament - To: Senate

- William Lyon Mackenzie King (Canadian Empire) From: Parliament - To: Senate

- Andrés Pastrana Arango (Colombian Empire) From: Parliament - To: Democracy

- David Ben Gurion (Israeli Empire) From: Parliament - To: Democracy

- Helen Clark (New Zealand Empire) From: Parliament - To: Democracy

- Alexandru Ioan Cuza (Romanian Empire) From: Parliament - To: Senate

- Yagan (Aboriginal Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Folklore

All these changes are under discussion, so if you want to inform about these leaders, you can do it.

MCP Patch 1.1 (22/02/2014)

1 - Starting techs changed in line with changes made by Vokarya (has been removed The Wheel as starting tech).

- Armenian Empire - Stone tools

- Harappan Empire - Stone tools

- Hunnic Empire - Weaving

- Hurrian Empire - Stone Tools

- Kanem-Bornu Empire - Hunting

- Latvian Empire - Hunting

- Songhai Empire - Fishing

- Mexican Empire - Agriculture

- Mycenaean Empire - Stone tools

- Nubian Empire - Stone tools

- Seleukid Empire - Stone tools

- Swiss Empire - Stone tools

- Trojan Empire - Fishing

- Venezuelan Empire - Hunting

2 - Changed the name of Modern Egypt by Mamluk Empire, thus being able to eliminate the name given by the old version of the submod to Pharaonic Egypt (Kemet Empire). Pharaonic Egypt retrieves his anterior name (Egyptian Empire).

Added a header entry explanatory in the Civilopedia for the Mamluk Empire. "Mamluk Empire and Modern Egypt".

3 - Changed the name of the Native American civilization to Sioux .

4 - Has been repaired the favorite civic of Alexandru Ioan Cuza (Senate) leader of Romanian Empire, which was not displayed correctly in the game.

5 - Fixed a error in the Albanian leader Teuta, that prevented see its description in the Civilopedia.

6 - Added favorite civics to 20 leaders who did not have any :

- Franz Josef (Austrian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Piye (Nubian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Pontiac (Algonquian Empire) - Junta

- Radama (Malagasy Empire) - Caste

- Sa'ad ad-Din II (Somali Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Sviatoslav I (Ukrainian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Tamerlane (Timurid Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Teuta (Albanian Empire) - Nobility

- Antiochus (Seleukid Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Atheas (Scythian Empire) - Despotism

- Burebista (Getic Empire) - Despotism

- Canute the Great (Danish Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Charles XII (Swedish Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Dom Pedro II (Brazilian Empire) - Senate

- Kamehameha (Polynesian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Leopold II (Belgian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Magnus (Latvian Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Malik shah (Seljuk Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Margrete I (Danish Empire) - Hereditary rule

- Mihai (Romanian Empire) - Nobility

MCP 1.2 (14/03/2014)

- Changed the name of the parent folder of the mod to Custom_Civilizations_MCP.

- Updated the file MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml to accept the new name of the mod.

- Updated the following files to accept the new name of the mod:

AudioDefines.xml: 56 files - 311 entries

- Has been created a .fpk file containing all art of the mod. This speeds up the initial load of AND tremendously, because instead of loading all the art files at start, now the game dynamically accesses these files when is needed.

- Updated the following files to accept the path to the new .fpk file:

CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml: 101 files

CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead: 225 files

CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml: 111 files

CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xml: 101 files

Entries edited in these 538 files: 1953 entries

- Updated all Schemas to the current version except those relating to sound and art (in these last was not required):

Updated Files (849):

325 - CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml
101 - CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml
101 - CIV4UnitSchema.xml
221 - CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml
101 - CIV4InterfaceSchema.xml

It was not really necessary for the current functioning of the mod, but perhaps necessary for future changes and additions in this. Now all mod files are fully updated.

- Removed the apostrophe to the Apache U.U.

- The Mamluk Empire no longer use adjectives of the Egyptian Empire.

- Changed the name of the Algonquian Empire to Algonquin Empire.

- Added the possibility to build the new replacements of Museum with Treasure unit.

- Fixed the bug in the Ashanti_CIV4GameText.xml file, showing an invalid adjective for this civilization.

- Fixed the bug in the Kruger_CIV4GameText.xml file, it caused error in the first contact with the leader Kruger (South Africa)

- Fixed a bug in Dinnehih_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file, that caused that the city name "Havasupai" does not display correctly.

- Repaired with NifSkope the eyes of Mikheil Saakashvil, a leader of Georgian Empire. The original position of the eyes overlapped the textures of the eyelids unpleasantly.

Click the link to view a slide show of the changes: http://www.kizoa.es/Video-Maker/d9125321k2771871o1/eyes-fixed

- Repaired the visibility of a building in the pedia, who had no his appropiated skin and it looked pink.

- Repaired several text entries of several leaders showing incorrect characters in the French and Spanish languages&#8203;&#8203;, for example, Salom%C3%B3n (Salomón).

- Added descriptions in English of various leaders to other languages&#8203;&#8203;, as these had nothing writing, or things like "Not in German." It has also been added a new Tag for the name of the leader Ostenaco in all languages&#8203;&#8203;.

- Changed one of the starting techs of the Cherokee civilization. They had before Fishing, now have Ritualism.

- Changed one of the starting techs of Scythian civilization. They had before Agriculture, now have Weaving.

- All Units revised for all civs. Have been fully updated to be compatible with AND 2.1 and the lastest changes of Vokarya (rev 681).

Have been balanced and adjusted some units, seeking balance and a better representation of the real story of the troop or civilization. There may be more changes in the future. Also, many descriptions of the new units in Civilopedia were updated with the new changes, have lengthened and improved, but still needs to be changed many descriptions.

- All Buildings revised for all civs. Have been fully updated to be compatible with AND 2.1 and the lastest changes of Vokarya (rev 681).

Have been balanced and adjusted some buildings. There may be more changes in the future.

MCP 1.2 HotFix1 (17/03/2014)

- Guard Hussar (Denmark UU). Increase strength in 2 points.

- Gothic Cavalry (Goth UU). Removed Flanking II promotion. Instead he was given Charge I promotion.

- Huszar Cavalry (Hungarian UU). Removed Commando promotion, and now receive two free promotions, Flanking I and Charge I,

- Revolutionary Guard (Iranian UU), now get Patrol I promotion, and has a significantly lower cost (-20).

- Republican Guard (Iraqi UU), it is no longer a replacement for the Marine unit. Now replaces the Modern Infantry unit, and get Patrol I promotion and +15% when attacking cities. UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY has been added to their list of possible ways to proceed, so that the AI knows better exploit its new improvement in the assault of cities.

- Grivpanvar (Parthia UU). Added the ability Immune to First Strikes.

- Heavy Hussar (Polish UU). It has been renamed to Winged Hussar and is now a replacement of Cuirassier unit. Also receives promotion Shock I.

- Many text errors have been fixed in SouthAfrica_CIV4GameText.xml and SouthAfrica_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml files.

- It has lowered the cost of recruiting of Rathin (Vedic UU) in -5.

- Galeass (Venetian UU), was renamed as Great Galleas. In addition, it is now a replacement of Galleass unit, instead of Caravel unit.

- Viet Cong (Vietnamese UU), is no longer a replacement for the Marine unit. Now replaces the Modern Infantry unit. Lose the Ambush I promotion and preserves Guerilla I and Woodsman I promotions, now having a possibility of withdrawal of 20%. Lose the defense bonus in cities. UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY has been added to list of possible courses of action of the unit, and changed their current defaultAI (UNITAI_CITY_DEFENSE) by UNITAI_ATTACK, so the AI knows better their new offensive function.

- Has been fully adapted the mod to DynamicCivsNames. Now when a leader is female and adopt the monarchy, in its name will look Queendom, not Kingdom.

Any error, inconsistency or imbalance reported will be repaired if it is within my possibilities. So inform me about possible changes would you do in the submod. I will appreciate any help.

Changes in progress:

Possible future changes:

- Review all Leaders. Possible changes in Traits and Favorite civics.

- Add new Leaders and/or Civilizations.

Installation/uninstallation instructions and download links are in the second post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Leaderheads MCP Submod

Add 43 new leaders for existing civilizations in AND 2.1. They can choose to install all or only a few. By themselves, the new leaders did not increase the loading time when you starting the mod, contrary to what happens with a complete installation of AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack.

Content:

Leaders for Existing Civilizations
Spoiler :

Adenauer: Germany
Akbar: India
Barbarossa: Holy Roman Empire
Caligula: Rome
Cartimandua: Celts
Cheops: Egypt/Kemet
Chiang Kai-Sheck: China
Cixi: China
Constantine: Rome
deWitt: Netherlands
Eyadema: Mali
Francis II: Holy Roman Empire
Harald Hardrada: Vikings
Henry the Navigator: Portugal
Hiawatha: Iroquois
Hindenburg: Germany
Hitler: Germany
Indira Gandhi: India
Itzcoatl: Aztec
Jackson: United States
Kennedy: United States
Khosrau: Persia
Kug-Bau: Sumeria
Lady Xoc: Maya
Lugal-Zage-Si: Sumeria
Mandukhai: Mongolia
Maria II: Portugal
Meiji: Japan
Singh: India
Mursilis: Hittites
Nehru: India
Nicholas II: Russia
Pachacuti: Inca
Pol Pot: Khmer
Putin: Russia
Reagan: United States
Richard: England
Sennacherib: Assyria
Shammuramat: Assyria
Smoke Jaguar: Maya
Urukagina: Sumeria
Vercingetorix: Celts
Xerxes: Persia

Changelog:
Spoiler :
ALTERNATIVE LEADERHEADS 1.0 (Initial Release) (22/02/2014)

1 - Changed the name of the folder to Custom_Leaderheads_MCP (instead of Custom Leaderheads), so that new leaders are not mixed with the existing ones. This will facilitate the installation/uninstallation of the mod or any of its parts.

Has been changed 232 entries in 57 files so that the new path is recognized

2 - Removed the problematic favorite civics (Parliament and Vassalage), changing these other appropriate to the historic personality of the leader :

- Adenauer (German Empire) From: Parliament - To: Senate

- Cartimandua (Celtic Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Tribal

- Francis II (Holy Roman Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Vassalage (Military option)

- Indira Gandhi (Indian Empire) From: Parliament - To: Senate

- Pachacuti (Incan Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Hereditary rule

- Richard I (English Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Hereditary rule

- Xerxes (Persian Empire) From: Vassalage - To: Vassalage (Mititary option)

Other changes in Leaders:

- Atatürk (Turkish Empire):

Religion : From: None - To: Islam

Civic : From: Atheist - To: Secular

ALTERNATIVE LEADERHEADS 1.1: (14/03/2014)

- Changed the name of the parent folder of the mod to Altenative_Leaderheads_MCP.

- Updated the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file to accept the new name of the mod.

- Has been moved the images comparison folder of new leaders with old leaders. Still in the download, but no longer install with the mod.

- Has been created a .fpk file containing all art of the mod. This speeds up the initial load of AND a little, because instead of loading all the art files at start, now the game dynamically accesses these files when needed.

-Updated the following files to accept the path to the new fpk.:

CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead: 7 files

Entries edited in these 7 files: 7 entries

Installation/uninstallation instructions and download links are in the second post.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTERNATIVE LEADERHEADS SUBMOD

This submod is very simple. Add 7 new leaderheads for existing leaders in AND 2.1. Strongly recommended. Like the previous ones, is completely modular. Just delete the folder of the leaderhead not want to use. It has become completely independent, so it is easy to install/uninstall and will not overwrite any of leaderhead of AND 2.1.

New Graphics for Existing Leaderheads
Changelog:
Spoiler :
CUSTOM LEADERHEADS MCP 1.0 (Initial Release) (22/02/2014)

1 - Changed the name of the folder to Alternative_Leaderheads (instead of Custom_Leaderheads), so that new leaderheads are not mixed with the existing ones. This will facilitate the installation/uninstallation of the mod or any of its parts.

2 - Removed leaderhead of Cleopatra of the submod, as it is the same leaderhead used in AND 2.1.

CUSTOM LEADERHEADS MCP 1.1: (14/03/2014)

- Repaired several text entries of some leaders showing incorrect characters in the French and Spanish languages&#8203;&#8203;.

- Added descriptions in English of various leaders to other languages&#8203;&#8203;, as these had nothing writing, or things the "Not in German."

- Updated all schemes of the mod to the latest version (86 files):

CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml: 43 files
CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml: 43 files

Has been created a fpk file containing all art of the mod. This speeds up the initial load of AND, because instead of loading all the art files to start, now the game dynamically accesses these files when needed.

- Updated the following files to accept the path to the new fpk.:

CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead: 43 files

Entries edited in these 43 files: 211 entries
It is advisable to use the new leaderhead of Selassie because Alooma, a new leader introduced by MCP uses the same leaderhead than the original of Selassie. In addition, the new leaderhead is close to real image of Selassie.

The same advice for Alexander the Great, as Diodotus I (and other leaders) used a very similar to the original Alexander leaderhead. In addition, the new leaderhead is more like the statues and paintings of the historical Alexander.

I actually use all new leaderheads except Franco. Another option I see as optional is Joan of Arc. The rest look better than the original and help you have more variety of faces in the game.

Credits:

Zappara for Rise of Mankind and the Original Mega Civ Pack.

Afforess for A New Dawn.

Generalstaff for making and improve the previous version of this mod.

45°38'N-13°47'E, and the whole team of AND Resurrection, whose hard work allows us all currently enjoy a mod that gets better and better every day.

INSTALLATION/UNINSTALLATION AND DOWNLOADS

AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Download:
Spoiler :
MCP 1.0 (Initial Release):Link removed (There is a full version most recent).

Check the size of the downloaded file. This should be:

617 MB (647,417,394 bytes)

If the size is different, possibly the download is incomplete or corrupt. Download it again.

MCP 1.1: (First Partch included)Link removed (There is a full version most recent).

617 MB (647.456.704 bytes)

If the size is different, possibly the download is incomplete or corrupt. Download it again.

MCP 1.2: (Second Partch included) https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3hg956t6a4bz2d/AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack 1.2.7z

892 MB (935.365.108 bytes)

Mega Civ Pack Installation:
Spoiler :
1 - Check that there is available a full version updated into a single file. If not, remember to look if there is a patch that updates the submod to the latest version. If it exists, install it after the main file.

2 - Choose the civilizations you want to use. You can use all or just a few. If you want to remove any of the civilizations, simply deleted the folders of the non desired civilizations. These civilizations are separated in different folders in Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder.

3 - Once you have deleted the civilizations that do not want to use, put the Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder and MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in the Modules folder in the following path:

..... Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 \ Beyond the Sword \ Mods \ Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn \ Assets \ Modules

And put the MCP0.fpk file in Assets folder in the following path:

..... Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 \ Beyond the Sword \ Mods \ Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn \ Assets

And put the DynamicCivNames.py file in Assets folder in the following path:

..... Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 \ Beyond the Sword \ Mods \ Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn \ Assets \ Python \ Revolution \ Gameready

Overwriting when necessary.

4 - Run WoC_installer.jar, it is located in "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn / assests / Modules." It merges new audio with the default audio.

5 - Enjoy the game and report potential errors and improvements to the submod!

6 - If for some reason you want to add any of the civilizations previously discarded or remove some civilization of your game, just add or remove the folder of this civilization in Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder.

MCP Patches:
Download:
Spoiler :
MCP 1.1: Link removed (There is a full version most recent).

23,4 KB (24.045 bytes)

MCP 1.2 HotFix1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5rco5d5ydftixa/MCP 1.2 HotFix1.7z

26,1 KB (26.746 bytes)

Translation to French compatible with MCP 1.2 + hotfix1 (Thanks to dbkblk for this!)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/369241/civMegaPack_1.2HF_fr_FR.zip

Just download the archive and inside you will see folders of all new civilizations MCP. Just choose those that you are using, or all if you use the full mod and overwrite when necessary. This translation will be included in the next patch mod.

Instruction for installing patches:
Spoiler :
1 - Check that there is available a full version updated into a single file. If not, remember to look if there is a patch that updates the submod to the latest version. If it exists, install it after the main file.

2 - After unpacking the patch file, choose the civilizations that you're using in your game of the Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder of the downloaded Patch, and overwrites with these the content of your Custom_Civilizations_MCP folder in:

..... Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 \ Beyond the Sword \ Mods \ Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn \ Assets \ Modules

And put the DynamicCivNames.py file (if exist in the patch) in Assets folder in the following path:

..... Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 \ Beyond the Sword \ Mods \ Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn \ Assets \ Python \ Revolution \ Gameready

Custom Leaderheads MCP:

Download:
Spoiler :
Custom Leaderheads MCP 1.0 Link removed (There is a full version most recent).

145 MB (152.682.196 bytes)

Custom Leaderheads MCP 1.1b: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duw7qxveroneje0/Custom Leaderheads MCP 1.1b.7z

166 MB (174.334.838 bytes)

Custom Leaderheads MCP Installation:
Spoiler :

2 - Choose the Leaders you want to use. You can use all or just a few. If you want to remove any of the Leaders, simply deleted the folders of the non desired Leaders. These Leaders are separated in different folders in Custom_Leaderheads_MCP folder.

3 - Once you have deleted the Leaders that do not want to use, put the Custom_Leaderheads_MCP folder and MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in the Modules folder in the following path:

And put the CLHMCP0.fpk file in Assets folder in the following path:

..... Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 \ Beyond the Sword \ Mods \ Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn \ Assets

4 - Run WoC_installer.jar, it is located in "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn / assests / Modules." It merges new audio with the default audio.

5 - Enjoy the game and report potential errors and improvements to the submod!

6 - If for some reason you want to add any of the Leaders previously discarded or remove some Leaders of your game, just add or remove the folder of this Leader in Custom_Leaderheads_MCP folder.

Alternative Leaderheads Submod

Download:
Spoiler :
Alternative Leaderheads MCP 1.0 Link removed (There is a full version most recent).

25,8 MB (27.094.349 bytes)

Alternative Leaderheads MCP 1.1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/9knn6tg2ew2m147/Alternative Leaderheads MCP 1.1.7z

27,4 MB (28.763.878 bytes)

Alternative Leaderheads Installation:
Spoiler :

2 - Choose the Leaderheads you want to use. You can use all or just a few. If you want to remove any of the Leaderheads, simply deleted the folders of the non desired Leaderheads. These Leaderheads are separated in different folders in Alternative_Leaderheads folder.

3 - Once you have deleted the Leaderheads that do not want to use, put the Alternative_Leaderheads folder and MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in the Modules folder in the following path:

And put the ALHMCP0.fpk file in Assets folder in the following path:

4 - Enjoy the game and report potential errors and improvements to the submod!

5 - If for some reason you want to add any of the Leaderheads previously discarded or remove some Leaderheads of your game, just add or remove the folder of this Leaderhead in Alternative_Leaderheads_MCP folder.
----------------------------------------------------------------

We have tested the new packaged versions of the three mods together on three diferent computers, the most spectacular test is here:
Spoiler :
MCP: Mega Civ Pack mod

ALH: Alternative Leaderheads mod

CLH: Custom Leaderheads mod

(UN): Unpacked version

(PA): Packed version

Improved loading speed (in minutes):

MCP 1.1 (UN) + ALH 1.0 (UN) + CLH 1.0 (UN): 14:52:27

MCP 1.2 (PA) + ALH 1.0 (UN) + CLH 1.0 (UN): 3:44:20

MCP 1.2 (PA) + ALH 1.1 (PA) + CLH 1.0 (UN): 3:30:20

MCP 1.2 (PA) + ALH 1.1 (PA) + CLH 1.1 (PA): 2:54:20

As seen in the second line, when the art of Mega Civ Pack (MCP) is packaged, the mod starts more than 11 minutes faster on this computer. When Custom Leaderheads (CLH) and Alternatives Leaderheads (ALH) are packaged, also improves the speed, but not much, being a smaller mods.

In the other two computers, of better quality, the result is similar, but less dramatic, improving the load time of five minutes to little more than a minute.

The speed improvement even more if the pc is well maintained:

- Clean unnecessary files and registry (Ccleaner, Argente Registry Cleaner, etc)

- Correctly defragmented HDDs (MyDefrag, etc)

- Not have many mods installed that are not used.

- Not having large files on the desktop.

- Use tools like GameBooster.

No excuse for not using all civilizations and the three mod together. :)
Please inform about your improvement in loading speed, I would like to know how much has improved for everyone.

In this post I'll put the errors and changes suggested by all. Shall be crossed out once they have been fixed.

To do:

This looks very interesting. I'll download it now and let you know if I find anything.

Nice work ! I'll try it too. I may translate it to french if this isn't too much work.

Are you planning to include some of these civs into the main mod?

Sioux (Rename: Formerly Native Americans)
That's one I would like to see changed in the main game too.
It just looks so stupid when the Americans and the Native Americans are both present from the start of the game... on 2 distant continets. :crazyeye:

Well I can edit this one in the right XML, but an other I never found out how to change is the Holy-Roman.
I just hate to see "Holy-Roman Tribe". How can thay be holy not having a state religion. :crazyeye:
Or "Soc. Republik of Holy Rome". Holy Rome running Atheist civic :mischief:

Nice work ! I'll try it too. I may translate it to french if this isn't too much work.

Perfect! I will translate the submod in the near future to Spanish, my native language.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13070457 said:
Great! :goodjob:
But I think it will need an update to work with the latest revision because Vokarya changed something in the starting techs after AND 2.1 IIRC (not to mention the new tech tree!)

No problem! I'm going to start changing the initial techs today!:)

EDIT: Second post edited.

Perfect! I will translate the submod in the near future to Spanish, my native language.

How do you want to proceed if we edit simultaneously the translation ? Do you have a SVN server ?

Should this pack be hosted by the main SVN ?

BTW, if you want to translate the main mod to spanish, it took me around 50h to do it into french (i've finished yesterday evening !). It isn't really short but isn't too long neither.

How do you want to proceed if we edit simultaneously the translation ? Do you have a SVN server ?

Should this pack be hosted by the main SVN ?

BTW, if you want to translate the main mod to spanish, it took me around 50h to do it into french (i've finished yesterday evening !). It isn't really short but isn't too long neither.

The translation into Spanish may be the last thing done. Sorry, I do not have SVN. If you translate it into French, I can add this translation to the main post, for later, include it in the submod. ;)

Yes, I have the idea to translate AND to Spanish, in fact, I have translated a small part. Previously, I have translated Civ4 mods like Rise from Erebus, hosting these translations in the Spanish community of Civilization, "TodoCivilization". But before translating AND, I want to finish this submod completely.

EDIT: I have to upload new leaders for existing civilizations and the renowned Sioux civilization. I'll upload it as soon as possible. Second post edited.

I thought about a simplier way. We can just share a work folder on dropbox ? I don't know if you work that way but i often use it because it is really easy to restore previous file if i make a mistake.

I have more than the space to share the whole Megapack folder on my DB.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13070457 said:
Great! :goodjob:
But I think it will need an update to work with the latest revision because Vokarya changed something in the starting techs after AND 2.1 IIRC (not to mention the new tech tree!)

That was probably the third thing I thought of. For anyone who isn't aware, civilizations should not start with The Wheel. Starter technologies have no prerequisites, and I modified The Wheel so it requires Stone Tools. This is not actually enforced anywhere; it's simply a convention, but I think it's an important one.

The second thing I thought of is that many base units and buildings have gotten tweaked since I started working on AND, and we should probably adjust the new UU's and UB's in the same way. For example, Cuirassiers have lower base strength (and then get upgraded at Flintlock) and Grenadiers have a higher base strength.

The very first thing I thought of, and the first thing that I changed in my copy, is can we please, please, please not rename Egypt? I think in terms of history, ancient Egypt is far more iconic than modern Egypt. I would prefer calling the modern Egypt civilization the Mamluk Empire and keeping ancient Egypt as the Egypt.

I would prefer calling the modern Egypt civilization the Mamluk Empire and keeping ancient Egypt as the Egypt.
Sounds good.

On a related note, how about the existing Holy Roman Empire vs the Roman Empire? I got both in my latest 2 games, it got a tad confusing.

Sounds good.

On a related note, how about the existing Holy Roman Empire vs the Roman Empire? I got both in my latest 2 games, it got a tad confusing.

That doesn't bother me at all, for some reason. There aren't a lot of other options to name that amalgamation of states in pre-1800's central Europe. I think I'm just used to the core civilizations, although I can support splitting the Native Americans into better-defined groups.

The very first thing I thought of, and the first thing that I changed in my copy, is can we please, please, please not rename Egypt? I think in terms of history, ancient Egypt is far more iconic than modern Egypt. I would prefer calling the modern Egypt civilization the Mamluk Empire and keeping ancient Egypt as the Egypt.
I agree. That sound a very good solution.

Holy-Romans
That doesn't bother me at all
Good for you :)
Since we have the dinamic civ.names mod I would simply rename them "Caroling" (if Charles V weren't there it would be perfect :rolleyes:).
Then edit the din. civ.names mod:
  • IF Roman civ is/was present in the game
  • AND the "Caroling" has a state religion
THAN call them Holy-Roman​

BTW does it handle dinamic civ.names and culturally linked start?

I thought about a simplier way. We can just share a work folder on dropbox ? I don't know if you work that way but i often use it because it is really easy to restore previous file if i make a mistake.

I have more than the space to share the whole Megapack folder on my DB.

Yes, I use Dropbox. I have no problem sharing a folder with you, but as I say, the translation into Spanish will be provided in quite some time. If you want, you can invite me to that folder, I send you my email by PM.

That was probably the third thing I thought of. For anyone who isn't aware, civilizations should not start with The Wheel. Starter technologies have no prerequisites, and I modified The Wheel so it requires Stone Tools. This is not actually enforced anywhere; it's simply a convention, but I think it's an important one.

Yes, that will be the first thing I will do, when I have finished the pack of extra leaders of the previously existing civilizations in AND 2. I know the changes in the starting techs (of your revision 672). Currently, there are 14 civilizations in the pack with The Wheel as starting technology: Armenia, Harappa, Huns, Hurrians, Kanembornu, Latvia, Mande, Mexico, Mycenae, Nubia, Seleukia, Switzerland, Troy and Venezuela. That will change soon.

The second thing I thought of is that many base units and buildings have gotten tweaked since I started working on AND, and we should probably adjust the new UU's and UB's in the same way. For example, Cuirassiers have lower base strength (and then get upgraded at Flintlock) and Grenadiers have a higher base strength.

You are right. As I wrote in the first post, are going to be checked all units and buildings of the in the pack. This will be what it will cost a longer time to finish, so before you do, first be better to fix things that can be done faster, but I will.

You go back to being right. As fond of the ancient history that I am, also bothers me the change. I will leave it as it was.

Sounds good.

This is more complicated. I really do not find it annoying at all, because really, the two empires have nothing to do with each other historically, and differ clearly (historically). I would not like to be called this empire with a non-historical name. Maybe it could be called according to his name in German, Heiliges Romisches Reich, to avoid confusion. Tell me your opinion.

Nor do I like that Charlemagne is a leader of the Holy Roman Empire, since although this empire is a direct successor of the Frankish Empire (or Carolingian Empire), I would like them to be two different empires. The Frankish Empire could have as leaders to Charlemagne, Roland, Charles Martel, etc.. Maybe I create this differentiation in the future.

That doesn't bother me at all, for some reason. There aren't a lot of other options to name that amalgamation of states in pre-1800's central Europe. I think I'm just used to the core civilizations, although I can support splitting the Native Americans into better-defined groups.

Currently, in the pack we have the Apaches, Cherokees, Iroquois, Piliwni, and soon the Sioux. I think it's already enough, although you can discuss add more native peoples of North America.

Second post edited with the suggestions.

I agree. That sound a very good solution.

Holy-Romans

Good for you :)
Since we have the dinamic civ.names mod I would simply rename them "Caroling" (if Charles V weren't there it would be perfect :rolleyes:).
Then edit the din. civ.names mod:
  • IF Roman civ is/was present in the game
  • AND the "Caroling" has a state religion
THAN call them Holy-Roman​

BTW does it handle dinamic civ.names and culturally linked start?

As I said before, I would love differentiate the Frankish Empire (or Carolingian) of the Holy Roman Empire. I do not like that solution very much. How about put your self-designation in German? (Heiliges Römisches Reich) .We can argue between all what would be the best solution.

About dinamic civ.names and culturally linked start... I'm not sure, I'll have to look at it, though I suppose that in the first case there will be no problem, maybe in the second there is to include the new civilizations.

As I said before, I would love differentiate the Frankish Empire (or Carolingian) of the Holy Roman Empire. I do not like that solution very much. How about put your self-designation in German? (Heiliges Römisches Reich) .We can argue between all what would be the best solution.

Heiliges ist auch Holy... err... Heiliges is also Holy.
How about Deutsche Römische to avoid calling it "Holy" when it has no state-religion.
Or German Roman or Germano-Roman?
Or just throw it out to the trash :p

When can we start voting on the content of a lite version?

Heiliges ist auch Holy... err... Heiliges is also Holy.
How about Deutsche Römische to avoid calling it "Holy" when it has no state-religion.
Or German Roman or Germano-Roman?
Or just throw it out to the trash :p

When can we start voting on the content of a lite version?

I really do not like to remove this empire from the list. It was a tremendously important empire for 800 years, being one of the most important states, often the most important, for much of that time in Europe.

Another name used, preceding the Holy Roman Empire was the Sacrum (or Holy) Germanic Roman Empire, which is perhaps easier to differentiate from the old Roman Empire. The term Holy, in the sense of consecrated, was added to reflect Barbarossa's ambition to dominate Italy, Rome and the Papacy, has nothing to do with religion itself.

I think the problem referred by Kryanni, is not the term "Holy" but rather the possible confusion with the old Roman Empire.

The Lite version, logically, will be made &#8203;&#8203;when the submod has adapted to the latest revisions of AND. However, I would love to start now a discussion about the empires that are most important to the future users of the submod, to add these in the lite version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom