Updated Guide(s) ?

JUNK de LUXE

Chieftain
any good (recent) Vox Populi streams/lets plays?

I keep restarting because I learned something new or fudged up because something was changed I didn't know etc.

Or are there any recent guides (all I've found are years old).

Stuff like:
- how many cities should i go for and how fast
- how to make friends
- key points on how to win a diplomatic victory
- key points on how to win a domination victory
- key points on how to win a culture victory

Things to be aware of, best practice, how to optimize and min/max etc

The mod is still in development, so a few things change here and there every few weeks. The changes are becoming less impactful, though, as the mod gets close to gold. Once the development finishes, better guides will appear everywhere.

Until then, you can ask anything for any mod version, and I'm sure people will try to help you. Though asking for complete guides might be too much.

There are also some threads for the latest versions. You can make some use of them.

My guides are several years old, and yet they're updated :)

Anyways, I don't cover any of your issues. The best learning tool on how to make friends is a photojournal a few months ago by pineappledan, if I'm not mistaken. He checked periodically things like trading bonuses, shared religion and similar policies. Transparent diplomacy helps to understand those bonuses.

About tips on how to win, sometimes there is a question in this subforum. Deity players always remark that you must not build was is not directly helping you to win.
If you want a diplomatic victory, check the Autocracy ideology as it was changed to be less focused on warfare and more on diplomacy.
For domination there was a trick for avoiding captured capitals until the end game, since the penalties striked on the number of owned capitals, but this is no longer the case. Given that the whole world is going to turn on you once you are the clear winner, it'll make you good to have some vassals you can trade with.
Cultural victory was changed recently with an added world wonder requirement, that is tied to a late game technology, so plan for a long term tourism, and then get the means of protecting yourself from the expected world War.

I like Marbozir's, he did one of Brazil recently:

Though one mistake that I would say he makes is spending too much gold on unit upgrades and not enough on infrastructure. Unit upgrades in VP are more expensive than in vanilla, if you're not using the units for multiple upgrades you should be gifting them instead.

If you want critique of your play specifically, probably the best way would be to post some pictures and describe your situation and actions and whatnot.

Top Bottom