1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Updated Starting Biases (XML)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Blueboots, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Blueboots

Blueboots Chieftain

I didn't until late last night that they had updated the starting biases for several civilizations in the expansion's XML. Just for your benefit, I've supplied them below (hopefully this is useful to you all).

Coast: Byzantium, Korea, Indonesia, Portugal, Venice
    Hills: Austria (old?)
    Jungle: Brazil
    Plains: Mongolia (this seems old), Poland
    Desert: Morocco
    Tundra: Sweden

Avoid Tundra: Assyria, Babylon
    Avoid Forest: Huns
    Avoid Jungle: Huns (again), Zulu

There you go, everyone! Enjoy your summer!:cool:

2. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

Still odd Egypt doesn't have a Desert/River start though... Even if they don't want to start Egypt in the middle of the desert since they actually have no bonus for desert, at least give them River bias - the Nile was the life artery for Egypt!

EDIT: Or do they and you just haven't listed it because it isn't new? I'm actually not too sure... :confused:

3. Blueboots

Blueboots Chieftain

Maybe it's just me, but most civilizations, with the exception of ocean civs, typically do start beside a river or two.

4. black213

black213 Emperor

So some of these start biases are only for slight historical accuracy. I think tundra starts will hurt Sweden.

5. Blueboots

Blueboots Chieftain

When I first saw that, I thought the reasoning was opposite that of Songhai's Avoid Tundra. Beginning in tundra helps to avoid territorial disputes (being in the center of things), which make for a nice diplomatic transition throughout. However, the same cannot be said for Russia...

6. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

Think there's some missing (e.g., The Iriqouois get a forest start bias IIRC), although maybe they just didn't update them (even though it seems some old ones that were known were listed again).

7. Blueboots

Blueboots Chieftain

These were just the ones listed under this expansion's tweeks. As far as anything else goes, I'm not sure.

8. Bagi

Bagi Warlord

Sweden gets tundra starts now? Awesome, makes it even easier to play diplomatic since you only have to deal with 1 or 2 neighbors coveting your lands.