Updating Game Version Help

aguuugw

Chieftain
I want to install a Mod but it requires bts 3.19. The weird thing is my bts game ALREADY HAS many of the features it says come in 3.19, but my game says it is version 3.1.3.1 from May 19, 2008. how do I update my game to the latest version so i can install a mod? (I clicked the in-game button to update, but it says there are no available updates. I clicked on a link to download civ4bts3.19.zip or something like that, but it just sat in my downloads folder and didnt change my game at all, and I am tech incompetant so idk what to do.

Edit: the 3.19 update says

- Info screen always shows demographics when espionage is disabled
- Civilopedia lists buildings that replace a given building
Both of which I am sure are already in my 3.1.3.1 game? I am really confused. Using the complete edition from disc.

If you still have the file civ4bts3.19.zip or whatever name ".zip", that is a compressed file containing the files that you want, most likely an instruction file and the actual updater. You need to unpack the file. Right click on it and select the choice to open the .zip file. If it contains more than one file, read the one that is a text or Word or similar file and it will tell you what to do. If there is only an ".exe" file, simply double click it and it should run and update your BTS to 3.19.

There were several updates to the original BTS. 3.13 (which yours is because around here the other dots after the "3." get dropped in descriptions, along with any digits after the third one) is the third from the last update. After it came 3.17 and last 3.19. Each fixes bugs in prior versions and makes a few minor changes in game play. Most mods look at the version number to be sure to avoid conflicts and won't work if the version number does not match what the modder worked with, usually 3.19.

The reason that the in game updater does not work is that the game is old enough that the publisher no longer maintains the website that the updater looks for. Since the site no longer exists, the in game updater does nothing.

Top Bottom