Upgrade to Ver 3.17 BTS ASAP

It is not possible to convert a game from mod to non-mod. This has always been the case with Civ4, and as far as I could tell was the case for Civ3 too.

As soon as the HOF folks release a new 3.17 mod version, we can upgrade to it.

Frankly I'm surprised it has taken this long to get that 3.17 version.

Well, maybe HOF is not what it was any more. So I say we scrap it, if possible.

. .

Conclusion: We will adobt HOF 3.17 when it is out, until then we will be running with HOF 3.13 since that is the only viable solution

Right?

Provolution, can't you use your Windows Add/Remove Programs program to remove the update? Then you could just re-install the 3.13. I'm asking 'cause I don't know.

Well then. At least we know that the priest-class of HOF got to deliver the goods, now that we are, or at least the HOF fans that introduced us to this esoteric and unnecessary patch, that we are dependent on this spurious kind of Heroin that we normally never would have chosen.

Let this be a lesson, if you get into the hands of the HOF-priests, they will only be good for the first sermon, but forget you later, when youre on trial.

Thats what I Said but you said it was to complicated Cyc!!!
Well actually, you said "uninstall Civ4 BtS". I was saying just remove the patch using the "Add/Remove Program". Leaving the game, but taking out the upgrade.

Well actually, you said "uninstall Civ4 BtS". I was saying just remove the patch using the "Add/Remove Program". Leaving the game, but taking out the upgrade.

I think you'd need to remove 3.17 and 3.13 in your registry, and then re-install 3.13.

Emphasize is on think there, I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong when editing your registry

Good point, dutchfire. I use an old copy of RegCleaner quite often.

Yes, they need to convert the save asap. This is the last time we ever use a mod like this, or we will get a system where we lose players to sloppy upgrade responses.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7125820#post7125820

3.17.001 is ready, I think it's time to send a PM to Denniz / Methos / Gyathaar
is the game unprotected? (no admin password or lock assets set?)

if so.. try the attached save.. (looking at the save in hex editor made it appear so)

if the game is locked with admin password, then unlocked it and link unlocked save, and I will change.. if it is locked with lock assets, then no way to change it

I dont have a PC with BtS 3.13 or 3.17 installed at the moment.. so I cant check if the save works.. but I think it should if the save from this post is unlocked: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7122127&postcount=6

Attachments

• Antimedius AD-1210_3.17.CivBeyondSwordSave
    259.4 KB · Views: 82
That works for me! Awesome.

So did you try the save, thecommonnate?

dutchfire, can I get you to check this?

Yes it works fine on mine, of course I haven't done anything other then take a look and compare some screenshots, of course ;)

Well, if it opens, I'd say it worked. good job. :goodjob:

I am able to open the save here but not Dutch's from the Turnchat thread because it is still in the old 3.13 version. If we play the next turnchat using the 3.13 then I will be unable to access it. So we need to make a decision on which version to play. Last word was we continue 3.13 until HOF upgrades, now they have.

It appears all we have to do is get the save to Gyathaar. Either by linking it here in a post and then PMing him, or PMing Gyathaar with the save attached to the PM (if that's possible). He said above that he would/could change the save for us.

I asked VW if he opened the save and he said yes. He must have meant the save in Gyathaar's post. When you opened that save Lord Civius, what did you see? A different game, or a prior save of this game?

Top Bottom