• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

upgrade water tiles

I think it would be a good idea to have the two land tiles next to the mouth of a river give +1 :food: +1 :gold: (even if they're already a floodplain or a city is settled on them; the city center would give 3 :food: 1 :hammers: 1 :gold:) as well as have the two coastal tiles the river empties into give +1 :food: +1 :gold:. Also, there should be a coastal building that gives +1 :gold: on all water tiles; for ocean tiles and a Financial leader this would translate to +2 :gold:.

I like new buildings for coastal cities only. That way you can prevent Laurn from getting them by simply not allowing thier Civ to build all of said buildings.

I will put forth the suggestion of deep sea fishing building. +1:food: in Ocean Tiles (not coastal tiles). Simply don't let the pirate Civ to build it, they get the same advantage already for free, but they maintain their advantage of +1:food: from coastal Tiles.

Yeah I definitely agree that water tiles are way too weak in the later game. making the workboats able to make improvements on the ocean tiles would be a perfect fix imo.

Algie Farm +1 :food: (+2 :food: later with sanitation)
Seashell Reef +1 :gold: (+2 :gold: with some harbor)
Deep Sea Mining +1 :hammers: (+2 :hammers:with some tech)

giving us something to do with water tiles is really needed otherwise they are boring and virtually useless

deep sea mining? Algae farming?
In a fantasy game?

:confused:

Why not? Heck, before any of the serious upgrades for water tiles, how about a tech prerequisite (and new tree) that is basically... getting in touch with the sea folk. I could see that, some tired old merman on his dolphin swimming after a herd of big tuna, protecting them from sharks and injuns.

Why not? Heck, before any of the serious upgrades for water tiles, how about a tech prerequisite (and new tree) that is basically... getting in touch with the sea folk. I could see that, some tired old merman on his dolphin swimming after a herd of big tuna, protecting them from sharks and injuns.

:lol: Rather not. :)
But I'm still thinking that sea shouldn't be improved by tile improvements, but harbors and buildings instead.

Or just take Kelp from Orbis. +1 food, spreads, can build fishing boats and pirate coves over it. Slows movement. Basically a sea forest that gives food instead of hammers. You also get the downside that it slows your ships down.

Or just take Kelp from Orbis. +1 food, spreads, can build fishing boats and pirate coves over it. Slows movement. Basically a sea forest that gives food instead of hammers. You also get the downside that it slows your ships down.
Not a bad idea either.

I like the way Orbi does the kelp.

In the past there have been modmods that allowed Work Boats to improve ordinary ocean tiles. Ahwaric once talked about giving players a way to spread Kelp, which boosts production but slows movement.

Top Bottom