Upgraded Roads

Gnomercy

Chieftain
I have never been able to figure out the mechanics of how to consistently upgraded my roads from the basic road. I do get the option to upgraded my roads from time to time but never on a consistent basis.

I can often build a road and, when completed, I don't have the option to upgrade. I move the settler off and back and still do not get the option.

Yes, I have enough gold to pay for the upgrade.

What is the mechanic I am missing? Can I only upgrade on a certain terrain type? Only a certain type of Settler can upgrade? Do they all need to be connected or something?

If anyone can help that would be great.

The game mechanic is that you build a basic road first and once it is built you can build an upgraded road in that plot, effectively replacing the road.
The profession needed is pioneer. It doesn't have to be hardy, but if it is, the upgrade time is cut in half.

Considering the other topic lately (lack of animals) which works for most people, but failed for one person due to a bug (or rather little known limitation), I would say that if you keep having problems, maybe this is similar. If you have a pioneer, which you believe should be able to build an upgraded road, but can't, do upload a savegame and we will be able to take a look. If nothing else somebody could point out what you are doing wrong. If it is indeed an unknown bug, then we will get a savegame, which will be helpful in examining the problem.

I will try and get you a saved game. This is something I have been having a problem with for as long as I can remember. I am not an idiot but I sure cannot figure this out.

Here is one example (I think I uploaded correctly) . I believe the active Settlers are trying to upgrade an existing road.

It seems if I build the road from scratch it works most of the time. However, if "Settler A" builds a road and moves on and "Settler B" tries to upgrade the basic road at a later time I never get the upgrade option. I will often build long road and am unable to upgrade them later.

Attachments

• Road Example.ColonizationSave
    513.9 KB · Views: 91
I semi-resolved this issue. If I build one road segment at a time rather than auto-building long stretches I can upgrade. If I auto-build I cannot upgrade.

If you auto-build, aren't you auto-building the highest level so there's no need to upgrade?

OMG..... I am going to check right now. If that's the case I might find a tall building to jump off =) or not, it is only a game

OMG..... I am going to check right now. If that's the case I might find a tall building to jump off
Bungie jumping is a horrible idea and I highly recommend you do not do such a reckless and dangerous act. It's particularly dangerous for amateurs, who come up with the idea of skipping safety equipment like a bungie cord.

Top Bottom