1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[TERRAIN] Upgraded Space Terrains

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by pepper2000, Dec 26, 2016.

1. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

I've created a few new space terrains and features for the space colonization project. This will be compatible with V8 of the modmod. There will be errors if you attempt to use it with V7. I am posting it now if TPEHEP or someone else wants to make a space map with them. Significant changes from the previous version:

- The planetary terrains have been given generic names, but they are basically the same.
    - Several new terrains have been added for various outer Solar System moons (e.g. Europa, Titan). They will be needed to build certain colonies such as the Europa buildings.
    - The "Solar System" terrain has been broken into three: Inner Solar System, Outer Solar System, and Transneptunian.
    - The Oort Cloud terrain has been removed and replaced with an Oort Cloud feature.
    - More terrains for extragalactic and hyperspace domains.
    - A bunch of features. In addition to the aforementioned Oort Cloud, many astronomical objects such as white dwarfs, brown dwarfs, and galaxies now exist as terrain features. Planets and stars that were terrains before are still terrains, except Oort Cloud.

Issues to be resolved:
    - I don't yet have plans to use all of them with buildings or units, but that will probably happen in due time.
    - New artwork is sorely needed, especially for the features. I resorted to recycling artwork and most of the feature artwork doesn't fit.
    - There may still be more terrains to be added.

To use this, unzip the attached file and move it to the MyMods directory. Don't try to use it with the Space Colonization modmod. Let me know if there are any problems.

Suggestions are very welcome. If there are more changes to be made, I'd like to make them before V8 of the modmod.

Attached Files:

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

3. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

V8 is up now. Compared to what is posted here, I made a few minor changes to terrains.

1) "Space" is now called "Cislunar Space", which should reduce confusion.
    2) Fixed an error that made Uranus a water planet.
    3) Restored the Jovian map category to all Solar System planets other than Venus, Earth, and Mars. They still have the Solar System map category too, and the Solar System and outer planetary building lines are still merged.