1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading from Sennheiser EH350, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Dida, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Dida

Dida YHWH

Need to replace my Sennheiser EH350 since the cables are broken. I am generally happy with the sound quality of EH350, just wish it could have been a little more comfortable on the ears. I don't do any audio-related work, headphone is strictly for listening to musics, watching TV shows, etc on my PC. My PC has onboard sound card.

I am considering the Audio Technica brand of headphones, the M30, M40 and M50. Please also suggest any alternatives. Primary considerations are:

- comfort (prefer large cups that go around the ears rather than sitting on the ears as the EH350)
    - noise isolation (prefer good isolation)
    - sound quality (would need to be a step up from EH350, the EH350 cost about $50)
    (can't find EH350 on Sennheiser's website, but it looks identical to this:
    http://en-de.sennheiser.com/stereo-headphones-closed-he... )
    - budget (about $150, prefer to keep it down around $70)
    - prefer headphones that doesn't need amps, and isn't beyond the capability of my onboard sound card

2. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I recently got a set of wireless Sennheiser cans. They're pretty great, range covers anywhere in the house, so I can listen to music from my PC when I'm cooking, in the bedroom, in the bathroom, etc, and don't have to take headphones off when I get up from watching TV with them.

3. Dida

Dida YHWH

I can see the advantage of going wireless. What about cost, comfort and sound quality? In addition, how are the batteries holding up?

4. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Comfort and sound quality is fine, but I got the RS180, so cost was more than your budget, you'd have to see if you can find anywhere local with demo sets. Batteries are removable/rechargable AAA, they're rated for ~24 hours of use and recharge when the headset is docked, so I've never had them run out.