Upgrading Mac Civ2 Classic to Gold

daves

Chieftain
I can't get the upgrade to work. I saw the note requiring the file to be renamed to Civilisation II Gold but I've tried renaming it everything I can think of (well not quite everything). I've tried with the updater in the folder and out and with a newly installed copy of the original. i have Civ2 Classic v1.0 and would like to use the scenarios. Any advice anyone? Thanks

The upgrade is for PC versions only.Sorry no such animal exists for MAC.:(

There is a MAC MGE version.If you can find it in stores or online.Then scenarios must be converted to MAC freindly file formats first.

Welcome to CFC, Daves! I see it is your first post. Have a look around at the links in my Signature block for some Civ 2 stuff. You are welcome to joing the Civ 2 Democracy Game, and also play our Civ 2 Game Of The Month (GOTM). Looking forward to seeing you around the Forums.

About your problem, Smash pretty much covered it. They still have Civ2 Gold for Mac out, even though not for th PC. You cannot apply PC patches to MAC products :(. Sorry.

Amazon.com usually has Civ 2 stuff in stock, or can put you on the waiting list to get things that are hard to find.

Ummmmm....Yes I realise that you can't use PC upgrades on a Mac, but I was assuming that the upgrade i found at civfanatics/Civ II/Downloads/Patches,Upgrades/Civ2 Gold for Mac v1.11 (1.3 MB) * IS a Mac program. This is the one I was trying. it downloads, unstuffs and self-extracts like a Mac program and opens up when I click on it into an Installer Vise Mindvision program, lets me select a folder into which to make the conversion, runs as if it's updating, but then has an error: Civilization II Gold file not found or something similar. So I think it pretty well has to be a Mac program (hence the name Civ II Gold for Mac). So, i still wonder if anyone can give me suggestions to get it to work.
If not I will take your suggestions to hunt for a copy online.
Thanks

I see what is confusing you now..... the patch you are downloading for the Mac is the official game patch. It wil NOT upgrade Classic to Gold. :(

Cedric's patch upgrades Classic to Gold, but only for the PC.

Once again, the Mac patch is simply updates a Mac Gold game to the latest Mac Gold game.

When you get a copy of Mac Gold installed, you will need to apply the Mac Gold patch that you downloaded to get it up to the latest Mac version. :)

Top Bottom