Upgrading Mongol Keshik Unit

Traiano

Warlord
Can anybody put me in the right direction to upgrade the Mongol Keshik Unit from Strength 6 to Strength 8.

I'm far from familiar with XML but I believe is not rocket science either.

If someone can indicate me where and what I should type in I would greatly appreciate.

thanks!

The File is ...\Assets\XML\Units\Civ4UnitInfos.XML Within your BTS (or Vanilla, or WL - whatever you play) folders. It is better to make a copy, to put in MyDocuments\MyGames\[Vanilla\WL\BTS]\CustomAssets\XML\Units\... and to edit that copy. This way you can easily revert to the original state, by just deleting the copy.

The file is quite long. Search for "KESHIK", within the Keshiks block, search for a line saying: <iCombat>6</iCombat> change to 8.

And while you did not asked - i think 8 is too much. The dudes will eat everything contemporary - even some more advanced units - alive. If you want to beef it up without creating a monster, i would suggest a free promotion instead:

Find <FreePromotions/> and change it to:

Code:
			<FreePromotions>
				<FreePromotion>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_CITY_RAIDER1</PromotionType>
					<bFreePromotion>1</bFreePromotion>
				</FreePromotion>
			</FreePromotions>

You can add more promotions or different promotions if you want (They are listed in Civ4PromotionInfos.XML within the same folder). But CR will give the unit a good boost already.

Wow, a 8-strength Keshik is truly overpowering. Even a 7-strength Keshik will be much stronger because it has a first strike. I think a free flank I or +10% withdrawal chance is good enough and fits the style of Keshik.

Give them 17 first strikes. Just for fun.

I really don't understand why people think that keshiks are underpowered... probably they never beelined HBR and are trying keshiks vs Lbows. It's like postponing IW so long that you only start building preats in rifling time and them say that preats are underpowered... ;)

Yeah, Praets are underpowered. The Romans conquered Britain, but Praets get eaten alive by Redcoats. It's just not right!

IIRC there was no England or english there when Romans conquered Britain :p Only "Celt" ( whatever that means ) peoples .......and preats eat gallic warriors alive...

IIRC there was no England or english there when Romans conquered Britain :p Only "Celt" ( whatever that means ) peoples .......and preats eat gallic warriors alive...

I'm pretty sure he was kidding...

And Keshiks are godly. They can let the Mongols run away with games, assuming of course there's something for the keshiks to attack. Praets seem to have that limitation also though :lol:.

Considering the Mongol period of conquest, Keshiks should probably be knights, not Horse archers........

Top Bottom