1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading old units?

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Justicex, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Justicex

Justicex Chieftain

Can this be done? I coulda sworn at one point I was asked if I wanted to spend some gold to upgrade an outdated unit. Not sure if it was REV of 4 come to think of it.

I just don't understand the concept of having cities defended by archers in the modern age.

I'm talking about a case-by-case basis. I'm not talking about Leonardo's Workshop.

2. KingDerfliw

KingDerfliw Chieftain

There's no way to upgrade units, except through Leo's Workshop - or by using the Germans bonus ability... it kinda sucks.

3. Justicex

Justicex Chieftain

So to get rid of outdated units, I gotta sacrifice them? Dang. Thanks for the info tho King D :D

4. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Chieftain

You could be the Germans and automatically upgrade with elite status

5. Carch

Carch Chieftain

On the Xbox & PS3 versions you can sell outdated units and get back a small amount of gold. The DS version lacks that feature.

6. Justicex

Justicex Chieftain

I'm playing on the ps3. How do I sell the outdated units? I can't find anything anywhere on it :sad:

7. Carch

Carch Chieftain

Well, on the xbox, you click the right stick to do it. I think I remember seeing somewhere it's R3 on the PS3?

In any case, there should be a "view controller map" option in the load/save menu while playing the game. You should be able to find it somewhere in there.

8. Justicex

Justicex Chieftain

Thanks a bunch!

9. I-am-a-panda

I-am-a-panda RĂ­

put the magnify glass over a unit and press r3. It'll ask you to demobalize the unit for some gold. you can use this gold to rush a unit. normally 30 gold for a archer army.